Question about Maytag Kitchen Ranges
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
HI. This will occur when there is a fault present within the main control board, or touch pad assembly. use the procedure below to determine where the actual damage is located.
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Caution: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Nov 25, 2009
A model number would help, but an F-9 code is usually followed by a 1, 2 or 3.
F-9-1 is the board is not seeing the door lock
F-9-2 is the board not seeing the door unlock
F-9-3 is the board seeing both inputs and not knowing the condition of the door lock.
The problem is like caused by a failed switch in the door lock mechanism. This normally requires the replacement of the door lock assembly.
Posted on Nov 22, 2010
Kindly check the door latch components. The F9 fault code is about the door latch.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jun 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2015 | Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning...
Oct 16, 2014 | Maytag Stove / Oven / Range Cooktop -...
Jan 18, 2013 | Kitchen Ranges
Nov 20, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Sep 15, 2012 | Maytag Stove / Oven / Range Cooktop -...
Dec 05, 2009 | Maytag Kitchen Ranges
Sep 17, 2009 | Maytag MER5770 Electric Kitchen Range
Jan 20, 2009 | Maytag Ovens
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!