Question about Zoom 5350 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem/Router with Wireless-N - Wireless router - cable mdm - 4-port switch - Gigabit Ethernet - 802.11b/g/n - desktop
My Apple iPad 2, iPad mini and iPhone 4 does not work off the Wifi in my home. I keep getting the error message "server has stopped responding." My hp laptop, however, has no issues connecting to the internet.
Login in to the router UI and check the connected devices.Also add your devices.
Posted on Apr 20, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Zoom X6 wireless router
Hi, With or without the firmware update, the wireless should work and be indicated with the WLAN led. Have you done an update? Have you tried a hard reset? Most routers would require a reset to default after a firmware update. Pls be reminded that when you do a hard reset, all configuration would be lost, better log them down or do a backup. Alternately, you can check your router's web based configuration manager, apparently, there is an enable/disable feature/selection for the WLAN. Verify that is set to enable. Hope this be of help/idea. Post back how things turned out or should you need additional information. Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Oct 05, 2007
1. connect your router to your laptop/pc with ethernet cable
2. it should automatically connect you to the internet under vista
3. now open a web browser (IE, fireforx or opera) and type in the address bar 10.0.0.200 (it will bring up the firmware software of your router)
4. in the first interface click setup wizard from the left
5. click next, select router/AP
6. click next, set your time
7. click next, select DHCP client as WAN access type
8. click next, do not change this and keep the default (default is Bandp 2.4ghz(B+G), WO: AP, Network type: Insfrustructure, SSID: Zoom, channel: 11)
9. click next, select WAP2(AES) as encryption, passphrase as pre-shared key, type a passphrase/password (write down these important information, u will need it later), click finished
10. open network and sharing centre (in vista), from the left select connect to a network (make sure your wifi switch is on)
11. you should see zoom, right click on it and select properties from the menu
12. go to security tab of this menu and select WPA2-personal as security type, and AES as encryption type (some XP do not support AES, in that case you will have to select TKIP, thn again you need to go back to step 9 and change the encryption type)
13. type you password exactly you typed in step 9 (CASE SENSITIVE), click ok
remove the ethernet cable, it should connect to internet wirelessly, if not try turning off the power of both the modem and router for 30-50 seconds. this will make them adapt to new setting.
Posted on Dec 22, 2008
Every time I have ran into this issue it is because of wireless interference. Try these steps:
1) If you have a cordless phone, try turning it off (unplug the base). Some cordless phones operate on the same frequency that your wireless network does.
2) Change the wireless 'channel' your network is on. There are 11 channels. For best results, choose either 1, 6 or 11. Most wireless routers come preconfigured on channel 6. So if your neighbor has wireless and is operating on the same channel, your leptop may be getting confused.
3) Make sure your laptop and wireless router are operating on the same encryption level (WEP, WPA or WPA-2) and speed (A, B or G). Some older laptops do not support WPA-2.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
Your pc might be using a static IP address. Make sure its on automatic. Go to Control Panel, Network Connections. Right-click on Local Area Connection and click Properties. Look for Internet Protocol TCP/IP and double click it. Select Obtain an IP Address Automatically and Obtain DNS Servers Automatically. Click OK all the way out. Also disable any firewall you have like Norton Firewall, McAffe, Zone Alarm and the likes.
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2016 | Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
on Jan 16, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 26, 2015 | Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
Jun 07, 2015 | GSI Wireless Mini Bluetooth Keyboard For...
Nov 12, 2014 | Apple iPad 2 Wifi 16GB
Sep 01, 2014 | Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
Apr 25, 2012 | Apple Tablets & eReaders
Jul 24, 2009 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
1,213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: