Question about D-Link Dir-835 Wireless N750 Db Router D-link
Basically, i have the router connected to the cable modem and wired to my desktop computer. when i connect the modem straight to my computer it works fine but if i connect to the router, it doesnt seem to connect to my computer or any other wireless device. ive checked the cables and all are plugged in the correct spots, how do i fix this ?
Have you reset the D-Link to default setting, and reconfigure the SSID and the Security Key? Perhaps this will help: http://www.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DIR/DIR%20835/Manual/DIR-835_Manual_US.pdf
Posted on Apr 19, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i have comcast wifi and i cannot set up vp eye to eye. i try to make phone call and get message says the phone number i call is unregistered. pls help me! thanks. my email is email@example.com
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
Do you need to see the desktop or just share folders from each other? If the latter then you need to do the following:
Use Windows Explorer and select a folder you want to share. Right click and select sharing and security.
On the sharing tab click on Share this folder. Enter a share name ( I like to enter the PC name _folder name; Rick1_Downloads)
Click on Permissions. If your ok with everyone using the PC's and Laptops having access then highlight Everyone and click on Full Control.
Do this on each PC and Laptop.
That should be it or darned near close.
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
If you connect the desktop to the modem it works that means modem is working.
Now connect the modem to the router and computer to the router.
Open the set up page of the router. and change the settings of the router according to your internet service provider.
Click Here for step by step instructions
Posted on Dec 05, 2009
Check that the wireless adapter plugged into the computer is A, in properly ( not joking, travelled 150 miles to my brothers house to find it wasn't plugged in at all! ) B it is installed with the latest drivers and C there are no conflicts. Then you can check( Wired ) that the router is transmitting a signal, the light should be on and if you type 192.168.1.1 into your address bar on a web page go to your routers settings and change anything you need to. It may just need resetting.
Hope this helps ;)
Posted on Apr 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2014 | D-Link D Link Dir 615 Wireless Router...
Jul 19, 2013 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Jun 05, 2012 | Cisco Catalyst Compact 3560-C PD PSE -...
Feb 28, 2012 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Jun 04, 2010 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Dec 05, 2009 | D-Link DIR-825 Wireless QuadBand Router
Oct 06, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 20, 2018 | Sun Computers & Internet
248 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: