Question about Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
The labtop works,but no web sites like explorer or bing.i need some major help.
- your wireless switch/button is on (not all laptops have switches)
- your internet modem is working (on-off reset sometimes helps)
- do a virus scan (some bugs kill connection)
- check firewall not blocking internet
- have you used correct wireless password (old windows version don't report bad password - just prevents connection)
- best to connect via cable (setup wireless after confirm internet is good) cable is also faster (do speedcheck with and again with wireless to see wot I mean)
- use another pc/device to test internet (mobile,wii,psp, etc)
- download free and run ccleaner (junk clean out) and spybot (malware finder)
- check in device manager for any problems
- are you in range of wifi (no brainer, but had to mention)
- try system restore to before problem occured
Posted on Apr 19, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2012 | Toshiba satellite c660
Jun 25, 2011 | Computers & Internet
What do you mean exactly by closed? You don't have say the exact information or massage which appears while you try to operate your internet explorer. It may be disabled by the work offline option. Go to the File tab on the above of the Internet explorer window and disable the work offline mode by clicking on Work Offline if it is ticked out. If it doesn't help you then download newer version of Internet explorer from web site and install it, or upgrade your Internet explorer.
May 03, 2011 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Apr 19, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Nov 15, 2009 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Nov 13, 2009 | Facebook Social Network
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: