Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Hi. We have a Canon IR C2880i color copier/scaner/printer. This week this machine started to wrinkling the paper. Paper is printed and just before it suppose to came out, it stops and get wrinkled.I have to remove the paper, than it restarts the job. Usualy, et second or third attempt, the paper came out OK. Thanks, Simon
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
when this occurs the problem is most of the time with the transport roller, fuser / fixing assembly roller.question is the image still toner only and not fused to the paper.
In these areas there is offen a jammed and not removed piece of paper dislodged in the paper path or jammed in the fuser or the transfer rollers teflon coating has perished inspect the areas carefully and remove any found if the unit still is faulty (fanning of paper the fuser would be the first to be replaced are past there usable life) if so then Post a reply
Posted on Nov 04, 2007
SOURCE: wrinkled paper
Try checking the fuser unit inside the back of the printer. Open the door and pull the paper path tray down. You should see an orange vinyl looking roller. If is has wrinkles it probably needs replacing. I have replaced two on my printers and that corrected the wrinkling problem. You can get them on ebay.
Posted on Mar 03, 2009
ok, in this case you need do:
1) check the roller before the fuser and after it some roller old not enough firction and pressure balance
2) check the fuser press roller it could not has good tough to fuser surface, it should be no gap at all and good pressure balance on the fuser surface
3) check the fuser cleaner which maybe too dirty, or change new one if you have the parts.
4) fuser unit maybe too old if printing pagers over its life cycle
hope this help you and please ask me any time.
Posted on May 16, 2009
1. Was there a paper jam prior to this problem? It could be that the paper was pulled out and a small bit of it is stuck on the pins that guide the paper from the heat roller. If no torn jammed paper prior to this issue, then check out 2.
2. the heater/roller is damaged and needs to be replaced. I would suggest you take it to your nearest HP dealer to properly diagnose this for you.This would save you unnecessary cost in trying to pull it apart and causing more damage to it.
Posted on Jan 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2016 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Jan 18, 2016 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 05, 2014 | Canon IR 3300 Digital Copier
Aug 19, 2014 | Canon iR 2020i Laser Printer
Oct 13, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 15, 2010 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Jun 09, 2009 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 23, 2008 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Oct 09, 2008 | Canon imageRUNNER C3220 Color Copier
Nov 20, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 20, 2017 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
137 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!