Goldstar MIcrowave stopped working when light bulb blew out.
My Goldstar microwave stopped working. It seems to have happened when the underneath light bulb blew out - or maybe the bulb blew out due to the problem.
I heard a click when the bulb blew out and the microwave stopped working. Could a fuse have blown? Can I replace the fuse?
The microwave is completely dead, no lights, no display, nothing.
Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
disconnect the oven from power supply.
If the lamp of your microwave is in the most common location, you will need to open the oven by unscrewing the screws on the rear. You will see
the lamp behind the control panel.
remove and replace the bulb
Hi, my living room light has stopped working, When i turned it on one of the little bulbs went pop and light stopped working although all electric and other lights still work. I tried the bulb in a different light and it still works as well?? I also took light off to check for loose wiring etc but all seems to be fine. Can you help? Thanks!
We see this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.
Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
first remove mains cord from main power. and remove the microwave oven top cover and check the bulb and crefully remove the old bulb and put new bulb. at high voltagae section dont touch any thing ,that area very dangerous ,thats why very carefully work inside the microwave oven ..
Because microwave leakage can be hazardous and high wattage is present, limit your microwave repairs to light bulb changes if the light bulb is easily accessible. For other repairs, call a qualified technician to make repairs on a microwave oven. If it doesn't work and the light doesn't go on, be sure it is receiving power.