Question about Epson Artisan 810 AllInOne InkJet Printer
Top ADF will not completely feed documents.
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: ADF jam
Turn off printer and unplug it from power supply.
Check ADF if it appears to be damaged ( open the top portion so that you can check the mechanisms ) unplug the ADF cable from back of scanner and replug it, replug power cable, turn it on and try scanning using adf again.
Posted on Mar 01, 2008
You stated that the printer doesn't recognize the ADF.
Can you scan with the flat bed scanner ?
As for the ADF, first thing to check is the the External Plug from the ADF to the Scanner.
You have already done this.
Only one other thing.
The external ADF cable feeds from a small circuit board inside the ADF to the Scanner then from inside the Scanner to a socket inside the printer on the Main Logic pcb (ESS) which is located down on the left side behind the small door.
If this cable is partially or completely unplugged from the ESS Main Logic pcb then the printer wouldn't recognize the ADF.
However, this is unlikely to be the problem, UNLESS the printer has been recently serviced and the covers removed. Then this cable could have been moved or partially unplugged.
This internal cable (FFC) is not easy to access. The small, left side door is held by a Phillips screw if you remove the door you can see the Flexible Flat Cables (FFC) up at the top (3 different cables & each is different size). Seeing them and removing/reinserting them are 2 different things.
Also behind the Smaall Door is the optional Ethernet card.
These cables are very fragile, they insert into a special socket with a "press down" sleeve to hold them in place. These cables can be damaged very easily if not handled with some care.
To gain easier access to the cables, the left side of the printer must be removed and this isn't as easy as one might think.
Beyond the above, the official fix is to replace the ADF and/or the (ESS) Main Logic Board.
You might could buy a new CX11NF for what that costs !
If the CX11NF operates ok in all other respects, especially the flat bed scanner, I would just use it as it is.
Good Luck !
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
Make sure that the paper has no staple wires, punched holes or not crumpled.
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you for the advice. The fault is hardware based as the problem occurs in copy mode - no computer involved. "
SOURCE: My Artisan 810 ADF gets
Here are the two steps I used myself to solve this:
1. Complete your online registration with Epson
2. Call Epson tech support about the ADF jams. You may have to spend an hour going through various troubleshooting steps with them.
They simply sent me a replacement printer. This is cheaper for Epson than trying to actually fix the problem!
Posted on Nov 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2013 | Fujitsu Fi6130z Sheetfed Scanner
1. Do the documents satisfy paper specification?
2. Have the documents been jogged?
• Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
• Remove documents with crease or dog-ear.
• Scanning different width of documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Are Chuter Unit (ADF paper chute),Guide P ASSY (Sheet guide), Feed roller cover (plate guide) and Brake roller cover installed correctly?
4. Clean the Feed rollers, Eject rollers,Plastic rollers, glass surface and paper feeding surface, and see if the error is
5. Replace Pick roller or Brake roller, and see if the error is resolved.Check the consumable counter from the TWAIN driver screen or from the built-in Maintenance mode. When the counter exceeds the values, replace Pick roller or Brake roller.
6. If the issue still persists, then you are recommended to contact the nearest Fujitsu service center for further assistance.
Hope the above information is helpful.
Thanks & regards,
May 03, 2013 | Fujitsu Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 21, 2011 | Epson ACULASER CX11NF All-In-One Printer
Jun 20, 2010 | Dell 1815dn All-In-One Laser Printer
Feb 02, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 30, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 31, 2008 | Canon PC-1060 Black and White Copier
Dec 05, 2007 | Xerox DocuMate 252 Path-Through Scanner
Sep 18, 2017 | Epson Artisan 810 AllInOne InkJet Printer
Feb 17, 2014 | Epson Artisan 810 AllInOne InkJet Printer
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: