Question about Maytag Bravos MTW6600T Top Load Washer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: MAH4000AWQ MAYTAG WASHER
NGAFM1 AT YOUR SERVICE
It pumps, but doesn't spin If your washer pumps out the water but doesn't spin, check these:
* The lid switch may be defective. If it is, the washing machine doesn't spin. The switch is inside the washing machine main housing near the door frame. Often you have to raise or open the top or front of the washing machine to get to the switch. If it's defective, you need to replace it.
* The motor coupler may be broken. Many Whirlpool®-manufactured washers use a small, relatively inexpensive motor coupling. It's plastic and rubber and is mounted to the shaft of the motor on one side, and to the transmission on the other. Over time, the coupler wears out and fails. You may need to replace it.
* A belt may be broken. Many washing machines have one or two belts. If a belt is broken or badly worn, you need to replace it with a genuine belt from the manufacturer. (Some washing machine belts are designed with special characteristics not found in automotive belts.)
* The clutch may be worn. If your washer is a GE, it may use a clutch to come up to the proper spin speed. As the clutch wears out, it may prevent the unit from spinning well or at all. If the clutch is worn, you need to replace it. For this job, you probably want to hire a qualified appliance repair technician.
* The drive motor may be defective. Many washer brands use a reversing motor. For agitation the motor runs in one direction, for spinning and draining, the other. It's possible for a motor to burn out in one direction and continue to operate in the other. If this happens, you need to replace the entire motor.
PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD RATING HERE AT FIXYA.COM BEFORE YOU SIGN OFF!
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
Does it still do this with power to the machine off? If so it is your water fill valve. Because no power is getting to the valve it has to shut off unless some foreign particles are holding it open. Remove and replace the water fill valve if still runs water after power is off.
Here are some things on how the selector switches work: If it stops when you remove power look at these possibilities.
Water fill switches usually have an air tube that as the water level comes up the air pressure increases and causes the switch to go from fill to wash.
I have seen rodents chew holes in the air tubing and this could be the cause or you may have a bad switch.
Some times the switches also get out of calibration and need readjusting (especially if you have moved in altitude like up a mountain or into a valley).
If this helps you please rate me as high as possible.
If it doesnt help you please rediscribe your problem in more detail to help me understand, post back and I will follow up.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
I feel you have a Clutch malfunction a very common problem with the machine. If you want to DIY the fix see my Clutch Fix post.
FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual for reference. Sears Parts Direct for reference.
If you need some additional help just shout back……..Rich
Posted on Jun 30, 2010
Thanks for choosing FixYa and welcome.
Posted on May 09, 2011
Testimonial: "Just having someone offer suggestions or solutions is very helpful. It helps to know I am not alone in trying to resolve a problem. Love this site!"
Remove the timer and get the outer skin off of it. Twist the timer around and hunt for burn marks on the barrel. I suspect it is the timer. To get it off you pop the cap on the knob and under it is a keeper and spring you remove. Then the knob and skirt will come off and you can get to the screws which hold the timer to the console
If the timer turns out to be ok then the motor is suspect.
Note: This washer is well worth repairing. Anything out there on the market now is trash compared to this machine. Invest in repairing it. You will be glad you did.
Posted on May 18, 2011
Testimonial: "TheMobilian, you're the best. Decided to repair instead of replace per your advice, and your solution was perfection. Back in service thanks to you!"
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2015 | Whirlpool WTW4800XQ 3.4 cu. ft. Top Load...
Sep 20, 2014 | Washing Machines
Oct 08, 2012 | Asko W6021 Front Load Washer
Sep 28, 2012 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Sep 19, 2012 | Ariston Technologies Washing Machines
Oct 30, 2011 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Oct 02, 2011 | Dishwashers
Sep 26, 2009 | Admiral AW22 Top Load Washer
Nov 04, 2015 | Maytag Bravos MTW6600T Top Load Washer
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: