Yamaha AV Receiver RX-V663 Front speakers no sound?
Set up - Yamaha dual zone amp and 5 x eltax speakers/sub. 2 x front speakers are no longer working in various forms DTV/DVD/Foxtel. I've tried the troubleshooting guide of which I didn't have a lot of luck with, any ideas?? I'm guessing it's the settings on the amp I have to play with. Next point of call is back to the retailer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Zone 2 Setup on the RX-V773 using the ZONE2/PRESENCE Extra Speakers
The RX-V773 extra speaker terminals can power one set of speakers for Zone 2 or Presence speakers. If the extra speaker terminals are utilized then the RX-V773 cannot be set for Bi Amp (Surround Back/BI-AMP terminals).
Setting the Extra Speaker Terminals
Note: The RX-V773 remote control will be used to access the On Screen Menu of receiver.
1. Press the On Screen button on the remote control to enter the On Screen Menu.
2. The On Screen display should be displayed on the TV/Monitor.
3. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote until Setup comes up in the screen.
4. Press the Enter Button on the remote control.
5. The Setup Menu will come up across the TV/Monitor screen.
6. Use the Arrow Left & Right buttons on the remote to navigate to Speaker.
7. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select Manual Setup.
8. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Speaker Manual Setup menu.
9. Speaker Manual Setup menu with Power Amp Assign highlighted will come up.
10. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Power Amp Assign menu.
11. Speaker Manual Setup, Power Amp Assign menu will come up with Basic highlighted.
12. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
13. Press the Enter button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
14. Press the On Screen button to exit the on screen menu.
To control Zone 2 using the RX-V773 remote, the switch at the upper left side (above the BD/DVD Scene button) of the remote must be set to Zone 2. To see the operations on the front of the Yamaha receiver you must press the Zone Control button on the front of the receiver.
Note: Only analog signals can be sent to Zone 2. If you want to output the sound from Zone 2, connect an external component to USB Thumb drive, USB iPhone/iPod, Network, AV 5-6 or Audio 1-2 by analog connection. For AM/FM radio the antennas must be attached.
I had a similar problem where I could not increase zone 2 volume - Page 100 in the manual notes that 'power amp assign' must be set to "7 Ch + 1 zone" before zone 2 max volume can be changed. Try that.
Make sure you have an analog RCA audio cable from the source to the receiver. Digital coaxial or optical will not work for zone 2 or zone 3. By adding an analog cable it will not affect your main zone, it will always go to digital first. Hope this helps
The infrared mentioned by the manual is most likely an extension possibility to use the remote control in each room, forget that part. What you need to do is quite simpel, after connecting all speakers, you should indicate in the setup menu of each zone which speakers are connected and do as follows: in main room select 5.1 setup, for the other zone select only the left and right front speakers. Your EXTRA SP indicates the extra speakers for 7.1 setup and when set to zone B it recognises only 1 speaker.
So read carefully the manual how to connect Zone 2 speakers and connect that way, than carefully walk through the setup menu to setup the zone 2 correctly.
i just got the same receiver like few days ago im still leaning it too,it is a very nice receiver though. here is some settings to help you.
check this to make sure zone 2 is showing in the menu,
menu,basic setup, speaker set,extra should show zone 2 it might show zone b...presence...or none needs set on zone 2 hit the left a-e/cat button it is weird the right doesnt circle all around? i had to call crutchfield tech for that one(GREAT COMPANY!)so that is for the setting to make sure zone 2 is set up now some to adjust the volume.
menu, manual,options,zone 2 set. here you can set 2 features
max volume( the loudest it will play) inti vol(the volume that it will play at when it is turned on) the yamaha has alot of quirks to it but has a very nice sound. for second zone features and a easier receiver to set up i have onkyo and they are very easy to set up zone 2 olume and everything on the front panel. hope you dont have to try to program a universal remote to work it seems yamaha uses discrete codes that are impossible to find i tried one universal and can only get very basic features to work.
hope this helps you out,