My acer laptop (4 days old!) will no longer turn on.
i press the 'on' button and after sounding like its trying to load it just switches off.
there is no screen on it or any signs of life from the monitor!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi generally most new laptop have a internal shut off if there is some kind of power surge, here is the solution to try it works on most laptops these days but dosnt get documented enough
1 Removed the battery and power cord from the laptop 2 Press and hold the power button on the laptop for 30-60 seconds ( the longer the better) 3 Connect the powercord to the laptop but leave the battery out 4 Try and power on your laptop - if it turns on you are good to go just reinsert you battery and repeat if it happens again
It's is a common problem with cheap Acer laptops around 1-2 years old ( maybe longer) you may find sometimes it does turn on very rarely. You could try taking the battery out overnight to let the laptop fully discharge. You may find this fixes it, but probably temporarily. Failing the above check the warranty and contact Acer. This is a motherboard fault so is difficult to repair.
Sounds like a faulty LCD. If you press the CAPSLOCK button and see the indicator light up, then you know for sure your laptop is running and functional. Also, you can try connecting it to a monitor. If nothing shows then it might be a bad video card. For a laptop, that means motherboard since more than likely your video card is integrated.
Turn off notebook. Remove the battery. Press Power button. Notebook should start working. Wait for 15 secs. If the screen still blank press Power button and hold it for approx. 4 seconds until notebook is powered off. Then press power button again. Bingo, problem should be solved.
There are different ways on how to reboot a laptop. If your laptop is not operational like it's frozen or crashed with the mouse frozen, try the simple steps below:
1. The custom way to reboot your laptop is to press and hold the power of your laptop until it shuts off. Then press the power again if you want to turn it back on.
2. If your laptop is functional and you just want to reboot/restart it, click on Start then click on Turn Off and select Restart. It will restart your laptop.
3. If you can't click on the Start button but your mouse is still functional, you can simply press the Ctrl + Alt + Del button on your keyboard to bring up the Task Manager. Then on the Task Manager window, click on Shutdown tab, then choose Restart.
4. If your laptop wont turn off no matter what you do, like holding the power button and the steps above, try to remove the battery of your laptop for few minutes and put it back in. Try to turn on the computer again.
These steps are just the basic. If you can tell us more details about your laptop's problem, that is much appreciated. We will provide you exact solution to resolve it.
definately ur power button is faulty bcoz sometimes this happens when some liquid or moisture reaches the digital contacts of the button it is also bcoz of air conditioning environment please try this if u have hair dryer in ur house just switch it on the normal speed and low heat settings and point it towards the round switch on button in the centre this hot air will pass thru the holes and might help in drying the moisture
pls turn off ur notebook b4 doing it
see if it helps and pls dont forgett to rate me FIXYA if it