if you have a google account, you can do this option
- When you try different patterns and unable to unlock your phone in five attempts. Then a message pop-up and shows two buttons "next" and "try again".
- Now click on "next" button and you see two options for unlocking phone. One is answer the security question and the second option is to provide Google account details.
- Mostly people don't set a security question. But if you set it then simply answer the question and unlock your device quickly. Otherwise check the Google account option and click "next".
- Now provide your Google account username and password attached with your device and click on "sign in".
- After that you are directed to choose new pattern and now you can unlock with this pattern.
if you don't have your google account, you can do the recovery option, but you will lose all your data in there
- Power off your phone.
- Now press Volume up, power and home button at the same time and wait until your device starts.
- When you see logo screen release the power button and keep pressed the other two buttons.
- Now your screen shows android system recovery and there is a list. Use Volume up or down keys to select option from the list. And select factory reset option and then press power button to let the action begin.
- Now it asks you for confirmation, select "yes".
- After factory reset completes, it again shows you android system recovery screen. Now select reboot option and after restart it will not ask you for pattern.