Question about Philips GoGear SA5285/37 Digital Media Player
If you are a newbie, and you primarily want the mp3 player for audiobooks, then go ahead and take this player back to the store - I'll tell you why:
The deal between Audible and Philips fell through before the latest series of GoGear's was released. Therefore, even though the player has an Audible folder, it will not properly play Audible audiobook files. Sad, but true.
Your post reminds me that I need to write a Consumer Watch article on mp3 players that claim to play audiobooks - 90% of them will not easily allow you to play audiobooks - you will have to jump through hoops.
If you still want to try, here is what you want to do:
1. Delete any audiobooks off the GoGear, but make sure that you have a copy of the audibooks on your computer itself.
2. Open Windows Media Player. Find your audiobook files in your library. If they don't show up, then you will have to move your mouse over the Library tab - a small black arrow should appear underneath the word "Library" - click the black arrow and select "Add to Library". Click "Add" and find the folder in which your Audible files are stored. It may take several minutes, but Windows Media Player will add these files to Windows Media Player.
3. Right-click an Audiobook file starting with Chapter 1 of whatever book, and select "Advanced Tag Editor". One-by-one, manually assign an a track number to each audiobook chapter - Track 1 for Chapter 1, Track 2 for Chpater 2, etc.
4. Now, re-add the audiobook files to your GoGear.
5. You might additionally have to go into the Settings menu of your GoGear, and turn Shuffle mode off - your user's manual can show you how to do this.
Sound like a lot of work? You betcherbottom dollar it's a lot of work. This particular mp3 player is not the best for audiobooks.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 16, 2013 | Philips GoGear ViBE SA1VBE08K MP3 Player
Apr 20, 2011 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Feb 16, 2010 | Philips GoGear HDD075/17 MP3 Player
Jul 12, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 07, 2009 | Philips GoGear SA5285/37 Digital Media...
Feb 19, 2009 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Dec 25, 2008 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Sep 04, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jul 25, 2008 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Apr 13, 2008 | Apple iPod classic MP3 Player
Jun 04, 2014 | Philips GoGear SA5285/37 Digital Media...
620 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: