Do not want to be seen by my chatmate through webcam.
I am on skype but I do not have a webcam. My chatmate on the otherside has a webcam - Can he see me from his webcam? If my chatmate can see me and I do not want to be seen what can I do to avoid this scenario in skype?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Check that your webcam is switched on and plugged into your computer
2. A webcam can only be used by one application at a time, so make sure you don't have any other applications open that are accessing the webcam, e.g. other instant messaging applications or even some websites.
3. Problems with video are often caused by driver issues. A driver is the program you install with the webcam which makes the webcam work with your computer (some webcams use preinstalled drivers so you may not have had to install one). Make sure you have the latest driver installed. You can download and install the most recent drivers from the webcam manufacturer's website.
To test your webcam go to the Skype menu > Preferences > Video and tick the box Enable Skype Video. When Skype is able to use your webcam, you will see a video preview of yourself.
You should install the drivers before you try to operate the webcam, unless the instructions state otherwise. If the drivers are not installed, unplug the webcam and install the drivers, and plug the web cam back in when promoted. If you have the drivers installed already, or can confirm the web cam works, open up skype and navigate to tools then options. Once in the options menu go to the video settings tab. In the "select webcam" drop down menu select the webcam of your choice.
It's also possible you are using an older version of skype that my not support new protocols for video, OR it's possible you are using a new version of skype which doesn't automatically start video. If you are using an older version of skype (current version is 5.1) update to the later version. If you have the latest version, you may need to manually start video chat. When you start a call, look towards the lower area of the screen for a button that says "My video" and click on it. This should start the video chat.
Hi, Its clear that there is some problem with the other persons webcam settings and there is no problem from your side. Tell them to reinstall the logitech webcam driver software and skype software once. after reinstalling their skype, for the first time when they log in, they will be shown with a wizard which is used to configure their mic, speaker and webcam. Tell them to provide correct configurations in that wizard. This should fix the problem and you can enjoy webcam chat with them.
Hello, You dont have to pay any fees for using your webcam in skype. Your system would have already configured your webcam with skype. So during the call there will be a video button which you have to click to start your video. If your webcam is not detected, go to video settings and set your webcam using the dropdown listbox in video settings.