My iphone 3GS is stuck at the Apple screen. I've tried holding the off and home buttons to reset, but it's not working
This is not a good sign and one of the most common causes with this device. I could tell you a series of troubleshoot.If that would not work, device needs to be send for repair.
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the Home and Sleep buttons together for 10-15 seconds, until you see the Apple logo come up on the screen. You may need to do this while the phone is plugged into it's charger or a computer, so that it has power.
Usually If it's stuck at that screen, and holding the buttons together for 10-15 seconds didn't help, then there's a hardware issue, and it will need to be replaced.
However, try few more steps
1. Connect to iTunes via USB. Do not disconnect for rest of these steps. iTunes may appear frozen or stuck with spinning beachball....this is okay, do not Force Quit iTunes. I tried a few times w/o it being connected to iTunes and it doesn't work.
2. Once connected, hold Home + Power until screen blinks then Apple logo comes back up.
3. Wait until Apple logo dims slightly (~5 minutes or less). Do NOT reboot until the apple logo dims.
4. Hold Home + Power again until it reboots and Apple logo comes back up.
5. After 2 min or so, the phone may vibrate once or twice. Continue waiting for the full 5 min until Apple logo dims slightly. iTunes at this stage MAY recognize the phone...do not sync or do anything in iTunes.
6. Hold Home + Power for the 3rd time until it reboots. Phone may vibrate again after 2 minutes or so. Eventually you'll break into your Home screen.
1. Remove Sim Card
2. Hold in 'Home' button and 'On/Off' button together until Apple logo appears
3. Replace Sim Card
4. Hold in 'Home' button and 'On/Off' button together until normal phone screen appears.
Disconnect you phone from your pc leaving the wire connected to your phone not your pc.
hold sleep wake button + home button until your screen goes blank...
let go of sleep wake button and continue to hold home while plugging back into pc... should take about 15-30sec and itunes will see your phone in restore mode
IF THIS NOT WORKING
Try rebooting you phone by plugging it into the charger & turn wall socket on
If that also does not work then you need to take it the apple store.. They will replace it or service it.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
May 28, 2010 |
Apple iPhone 3G