Had some trouble hooking up PS3 wirelessly but got it to work, for a short while. Got set up on PSnetwok. Try to download a demo that took forever and never finish.Now PS3 is forzen.On PS3 main menu only main icons appear and none of the sub-menus appear. When I click on something it freezes up and wont do anything.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
As your computer is not wireless compatible, you can have this connected to the router itself on the wired connections and use PS3 on wireless Do NOT connect your computer to modem and also Netgear to modem. Either one of them won't work. Instead connect modem to Netgear and computer to Netgear with an ethernet cable. After this type of connection is made, try to setup the router with the CD inserted into computer.
if you have wireless you can hook it up that way. if you have wired or DSL network you can hook it up that way too. in addition you need a playstation network user account.
to hook up your ps3 to the net go to settings, network connection and choose custom network connection then it will show you wireless or wired then choose whatever you have. then just go through and dont change any settings until it runs the connection test then it should work
REMEMBER TO GET PLAYSTATION NETWORK ACCOUNT IN THE PLAYSTATION STORE AFTER YOU SET IT UP!!!!!
try resetting the ps3 by turning the power switch on in the back then try holding the power button for about ten seconds. then turn the ps3 back on and try setting up the connection again. you may have to set your audio and video settings again as well.
you can go wireless, but personally wired is better. what router do you have? switch everything off, plug a ethernet cable from one of your ports on router to ps3 then then switch it all on. on ps3 go to settings - network settings - internet connection settings - then select easy - then whether you wanna do it wireless or wired (up to you) then let it do its thing, once its found all your settings you can test the connection.
Have you set up an account on your ps3 yet?
Make sure the same SSID and network key is configured on your PS3's wireless settings. To get the SSID and network key do the following steps.
1. Open your Internet Explorer and type http://192.168.1.1 on the Address Bar 2. It will prompt you for username and password. Type admin on the password, leave it blank for username. If admin password doesn't work, type your own password. 3. When you get to the Setup page of the router, go to Wireless tab. Take not of the SSID or the Wireless Network Name. 4. Now click the sub-tab Wireless Security that's under the Wireless tab. Take note of the Security Mode. If it is WPA-Personal, take note of the Shared Key or Passphrase. If the Security Mode is WEP, take note of the WEP key # 1.
5. Now all you need to do is access the Wireless Settings of your PS3 and configure manually the SSID and the Security Key. Then reboot the router and PS3. That should do it.
You can't. For wireless connection on the PS3 you need to have a wireless router hooked up to your modem. Once you have your wireless network hooked up with your PC. You can give your PS3 access and the PS3 will scan for any available wireless networks. Google will help you more if you need more detail on how to set up your PS3 wirelessly.
hi ive got my ps3 hooked up with a wireless conection so feel free to ask any questions. you need a wireless hub to send out the wireless broadband signal. is your pc set up with a wireless connection to broadband?