Sony vaio VGN SZ780 connects to the internet just fine through a Dlink Dir625 router. But unable to use Cisco 3000 vpn. All other systems on the same network work fine. vpn can be used elsewhere. Issue with the vaio and Dlink router? Any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did you tried cable connection to your router to see if this works?
which windows its runing on?
If wireless connection drops its not all the time your laptop issue... its router transmitted channel conflict with laptop wireless card channel....
You might fix this by changing the router wireless setting by changing the transmission channel on it.and then re connect the laptop or it may auto reconnect with it and hopefully signal will not drop.
one is network card for cable connection to internet
one is wireless card for wireless connection to your router(with internet connection)
I will write more after I get your reply. As I am in the middle of my own issue now... ;)
That's usually your router, not the computer. Sounds like your computer is connected to your router, but IT is not connected to the internet. I would suggest shutting down the computer, shutting down router, then the modem, plug the modem back in, waiit for lights to finish blinking (should be within a few minutes) then your router, once that's finished blinking, then turn on your computer.
Hi there I would tell you why:
1) your DSL speed band only 1.5M and the upload could be lower then 256K speed. that is not avalible to get good condition for more laptop wireless online at same time
2) other thing, your laptop wieless online in your router situation that depends on the laptop wireless card type, high level (faster)card will get more speed band and aganst other laptop.
so you could not setting any more to get improved.
hope help you something fixed, please take a rating let me know how much helped you thanks! keep in touch your question