Question about Dell Latitude 100L Notebook
Hi does any body know how to boot from cd wthout changing the bios. I need ti install a password recovery programme as i have lost the password but cant as they all need access to the bios to change the sequence.
ONE MORE TIME!
Don't be scared of the little ol' 24C02 non-volatile RAM chip that is used to store the passwordsand tags - there's one on EVERY stick of RAM!! (yup - that little ***** 8 pin job)...
PAY ATTENTION HERE: THE INFO AT THE ABOVE MENTIONED SITE IS INCORRECT! THEY ARE SHOWING A PICTURE OF THE CHIP, AND TELLING YOU TO SHORT PIN 3 TO PIN 6.
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IS TO SHORT PIN 6 (SCL - clear) TO PIN 4 (VSS - ground), AND THEN APPLY POWER FOR 1 SECOND OR LESS. THIS WILL CLEAR THE CHIP, AND YOU'RE GOOD TO GO! - DONE IT MANY TIMES!
FYI: This process does NOT damage the chip in any way! Follow the instructions on obtaining the DELL "DST" CD, and with it, you can re-load the chip with whatever you like!
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
Click F8 when ur computer starts....then 3-4 options occure like BOOT FROM IDE DEVICE, BOOT FROM APTMA CD-Rom etc... select ur cd rom device to boot from cd...
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Is the boot sequence in BIOS set to boot from CD or DVD, if not I would suggest you to go to BIOS and change the boot sequence to boot from CD and try to boot from the CD
2. Is the computer custom built or OEM built?
3. What is the model number and who is the manufacturer of the computer?
4. Have you made any changes to the computer by installing any new software or hardware?
5. Since when are you unable to boot the computer normally?
6. You need to get Windows Vista DVD to perform further troubleshooting either to scan the computer or to perform repair install, I would suggest you to contact the computer manufacturer to obtain vista DVD.
Sep 07, 2012 | Acer Aspire 5920-6423 Notebook
May 08, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jun 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 08, 2010 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML530 Server
Jul 08, 2009 | LG Computers & Internet
Feb 17, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 - Pentium Dual Core...
Dec 12, 2008 | Intel Motherboard
463 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!