First of all, is the hole a factory one that you never noticed before? If so, leave it alone. I know that microwaves generate a lot interior heat and it needs to escape someway. Secondly, if it is not a factory made vent hole and you can't be sure if it caused from a lot of use, and if the oven still works fine, I would not worry about it if it were me.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Every one knows that one cannot use metal utensils/bowls in a microwave oven.
But did you know that this does not apply to a utensil/bowl made out of stainless steel?
Try it this way.
Put some water in a stainless steel container and place it in the microwave for 5 seconds.The water will heat up without any sparks being created.
One could actually heat up anything in this way without any danger of causing a fire.
You missed something while reading the installation directions but that won't fix it. since you already drilled holes in the wall lower the mount down as needed then drill new holes in the mount to match the holes you drilled in the wall. The problem would have been worse if you were off left or right... up and down is easier. Remember you maybe just not dropping the microwave low enough to fit in the slot at the bottom of the wall mount before you tilt the micro up.. check it one more time...including the directions before you re-drill
May be a door switch problem, or may be a control board problem. You might even have a shorted wire that goes to the turntable motor. (I have seen 1 of the wires get pinched and cut by metal guards or guides that were meant to keep the wires in place.) You can remove the screws from the bottom of the microwave oven, and drop the bottom panel down to checked for pinched wires. Unplug the microwave first before you do that.
This model does not list Stainless Steel as a feature. Stainless Steel is used in the interior (CAVITY) of a Microwave if it is a Combination Convection/Microwave Oven. The Convection Oven can reach temperatures of 400+ degreesF. This Temperature would MELT the paint off a painted interior.
Stainless Steel can be tested with a Magnet. It will not be attracted or "Stick" to Stainless.
Hope this answers your concerns!
You can buy stainless steel tape from many hardware stores, just make sure that you put the tape on the outside (be very careful when opening the oven up). Put enough layers on to match the thickness of the metal originally - unfortunately the tape tends not to stay on for that long, so is potentially a dangerous option
the best thing to do would be take it to a microwave repair shop - they will have metal sheet available of the appropriate type and should be able to patch it for you - if you get really lucky they might have the same model that has an undamaged chassis but destroyed electrical workings - is worth a try.
Hope this helps - please post again if you need more info :)