Question about GE Superadio III AM/FM

1 Answer

I need a transformer for a Milwakee job site radio.

My radio received a jolt of 247v, the transformer was toasted. The transformer does not show what the output voltage is. It is a Milwakee job site radio.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 4 Answers

The output voltage is 14v ac. It is printed on the circuit board that the wires go to

Posted on Nov 10, 2009

  • tmacarthu38 Jan 15, 2010

    The transformer may also be damaged due to the "dirty" power from a job site generator. I was mistaken, the voltage rating on the circuit board is 15v ac.

×

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Audi a4 1,8 s line


The computr needs a flash or reprograming w a factory scanner. It common not to recognize new motor. First make sure pins are clean on computr plug

Feb 06, 2016 | 2002 Audi A4

1 Answer

Receives,no Tx


Many possibilities:
1: The radio took a hit and broke the PCB or the connection to the RF out jack.
2: Some other PCB joint failure
3: The RF output IC is toast
4: The driver is toast
5: The tx oscillator is so far out of whack it cannot develop the frequency it is set to.
6: You have a bad cable or antenna connector
7: You have a bad battery, battery contact or power connection
8: You have a power supply or other problem

Sep 26, 2015 | Icom IC-T7H VHF/UHF Handheld Dual Band...

1 Answer

There seem to be no power. Nothing is on. I change the 9 Volt battery and still nothing is on. No radio, No clock. For a Bose clock radio. David Fong


Hi,
Sorry for the late answer to your solution. There was some problem with my account in fixya.
I was not able to post any solution from yesterday as the new site is in development stage as told by the customer care of fixya.

I seen your question. You have to check the power cord of your bose wave radio first. Is there is any loose contact at its socket at the both ends. If its seems ok, Then you have to check the inline fuse inside the wave radio. For that you have to open the wave radio. I am giving you this solution assuming that you are aware of reparing electronic items. If you have some knowledge on fixing electronic items then you can fix it yourself.

Before removing the wave radio remove the power cord from the sockets. There will be 6 screws at the bottom of your wave radio in some models its 8 numbers. After removing the screws turn the radio and pull out the top cover. You can see the inline fuse near the AC input socket where you connect the power cord. Using a multimeter test the contnuity of the fuse. it should show zero ohms. if no, then the fuse is faulty remove the fuse and replace with a new one and power up the radio and check

If there is no other fault the wave radio will work ok. If the fuse blows again then the transformer of your wave radio is faulty. The primary winding of the transformer have some short inside. As it is a custom design the C core transformers are only available through bose service centers. If they are willing to supply the transformers to customers then buy it from them and replace yourself. If not, then you have to give the radio to them to be repeired. If you need any more assistance feel free to conatct me through fixya.The fuse will look like one in the picture.

Ajin12_6_2011_4_00_30_pm.gif

Dec 05, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Job site radio work turn on seems there is no power going to radio. When plug in there is no sign of power in the radio. I have replaced the cord end and that didn't help.Any ideas?


probably the transformer, if it works on the battery but not plugged in thats the most likely cause. I have the same problem and will repost if the transformer replacement works. Cheers

Oct 02, 2011 | Milwaukee Tool 49-24-0200 AM/FM Radio

1 Answer

Optimus STAV-3260 Digital Synthesized A/V Surround Receiver. this receiver has no power,not even a light for the standby.i already checked the fuse and its ok.


Could be several causes. Bad connection near the stand-by power transformer or the transformer itself could be open. The main Micro could be bad. This is a job best left to a servicer. Optimus was sold only by Radio Shack, they still do repairs.

Feb 03, 2010 | Optimus 31-3045 Receiver

1 Answer

If i accidentally plugged it to 220 volts and it was burned in a seconds can it be repaired?


Good day sir/maam, Yes it can be repaired. if you have plugged in a 110v device to a 220v ac mains, chances are its toast, your onkyo's power transformer is burnt, the repair is replacing the toast power amplifier, or we usually rewind the power transformer specification, after the replacement, you may need to check the power supply section for shorted power regulators, and rectifiers. If you choose to send it for repairs, the service is usually reasonable.

Oct 26, 2009 | Onkyo TX-DS777

1 Answer

Radio does not work when it is plugged in,but does work battery


Mine has a bad transformer, but I am having a hard time finding a replacement. This is due to the fluctuating voltage of the job site generator.

Mar 12, 2009 | GE Superadio III AM/FM

1 Answer

Milwakee job site radio not working


There is no fuse, have a look at the transformer.

Dec 02, 2008 | GE Superadio III AM/FM

4 Answers

Milwaukee job site radio


The transformer needs to be replaced. 120VAC to 15VAC. Take a look on amazon for it, here: Amazon com 15VAC transformers. Wish you best of luck.
Brust

Dec 02, 2007 | GE Superadio III AM/FM

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE Superadio III AM/FM Logo

Related Topics:

342 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Audio Players & Recorders Experts

Greg Cann
Greg Cann

Level 3 Expert

1114 Answers

Jonathon summesfield

Level 2 Expert

285 Answers

Carlos L. Burgos
Carlos L. Burgos

Level 2 Expert

618 Answers

Are you a GE Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...