Question about Dell Vostro A860 Notebook
1. Go to windows update (Open Internet explorer, in tools menu You should find windows update)
2. Start it, and follow any messages that appear on screen.
3. In one moment it will offer You microsoft update, so install it.
4. After microsoft update is installed, it will offer quick and custom options - click custom, and wait for it to scan Your system
5. After scan is complete, You'll get an option to upgrade to sp3 (only if You already don't have it), so upgrade. It will probably ask for a reboot, so reboot, and do everything from step 1 onwards (update won't ask for installing microsoft update again)
6. You'll get a list of upgrades. Go to hardware on the left side of the screen, and select ALL options (these are the drivers that windows found for Your machine)
7. Select all other updates, wait for them to install, and it will ask you to reboot one more time.
8. After this, most of Your drivers will be installed. check for other missing drivers in the device manager (right click my computer, select manage, and then device manager, check for the devices with yellow question mark.)
9. go to the website of Your laptop maker (You didn't state the model, so I don't know which is it), search the downloads for the missing drivers and install them
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
When you are downgraded to XP where do you get winXP softwar is that originally came with your notebook?
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2011 | Canon A3300 IS Digital Camera
May 04, 2011 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Apr 12, 2011 | Likom HD15A 15" LCD Monitor
Dec 17, 2009 | InFocus Projector Lamp for LP340, LP340B,...
Aug 07, 2009 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Jul 14, 2009 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 18, 2009 | LG 42LG30 42 in. LCD HDTV
Sep 28, 2008 | Fujitsu LifeBook C1320D Notebook
Aug 30, 2008 | Acer Computers & Internet
May 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: