- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Close Internet Explorer
Click All Programs
Click System Tools
Click "Start Internet Explorer (no add-ons)"
Access Yahoo, and check your E-mail.
If it works, then one of the "add-on" programs is "hijacking" your web-browser.
Or, you've got a computer-virus on your computer.
It has changed the file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\HOSTS
to access 'youcansearch' (by IP-address) when you try to access the Yahoo web-site.
reset your internet explorer. open internet explorer - go to tools menu - then click on internet options - click on adbance tab and then click on reset button.
close internet explorer and open it again
you can also try to install mozilla firefox and then check.
You need to optimize your browser and delete cookies. Open Internet explorer go to tools then Internet option. Delete everything like histor, temp internet files, cookies. Go to advanced tab and click on restore defaults. Close Inter explorer and then close, logout and reopen yahoo messenger, Login again again to yahoo messenger and then click on Mail icon.
The problem is possibly caused by your Internet browser and not with your yahoo account. You need to clear the cookies and internet files to resolve the problem. Here's how:
Clear Cookies and Internet Files
* For Internet Explorer version 6 1. Open IE6 > Tools > Internet Options. 2. Click the Delete Cookies button and Delete History. 3. Click on OK > Close and re-open your IE6. 4. Try accessing your e-mail account.
* For Internet Explorer version 7 1. Open IE7 > Tools > Internet Options. 2. Click the "Delete" button under the Browsing History option. 3. Delete the Cookies, Internet Files 4. Click on OK > Close and re-open IE7 5. Try accessing your e-mail account.
* For Mozilla FireFox 1. Open Firefox > Tools 2. Select "Clear Recent History" 3. Select Cookies, Cache, Browsing and Download History. 4. Close and re-open Firefox 5. Access your e-mail
Good luck! If this solution is helpful please click a thumbs-up rating below.
One on your internet explorer options, you may have it set to delete cookies everytime it closes.
Two, you may not be checking the box that says keep me signed in for two weeks when you sign into yahoo mail.
If you are checking the box, then it is definetly the cookies setting on internet explorer. Go into the tools menu, internet options, and change it to where it doesnt delete settings and temporary cookies when you close internet explorer.
Also, when you are done checking your yahoo mail, do not click on sign out, or that will cause you to sign in everytime, and one final note.
After you are done using internet explorer to check you yahoo mail, dont close the internet explorer page, just type in maybe google.com or something of the sort. And leave the internet explorer window open.
( you can minimize it if you like)
Thank you for using Fixya, and please rate my solution!
I dont know if this will help you but ... I had the same problem for the last week and ... at least for now, all is OK. My tech people told me all sorts of things to do with "Internet options" with Explorer. Nothing worked. It was suggested by a contact that I try using Firefox as my browser. Downloaded it (free), transferred the IE settings to it when asked and all (including mail) seems fine.