My screen would be very faint at times after closing the notebook, and at times struggles to get back to full function. At times I will not have a problem, but have found that using an external screen sometimes fixes the problem
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Display is very faint, disappears
If you see a dim image on the LCD screen it means you have a backlight problem. Connect an external monitor to the laptop and power it up, if you see a clear image on an external monitor, this means your video card is OK.
Dim image and/or dark display on the laptop's LCD screen indicates a faulty LCD backlight and it could be the inverter that supplies high voltage to the CCFL lamp or it is the CCLF lamp is nearly burnt out or burnt out, most likely this is the case. The inverter can be replaced easily but the CCLF lamp is more time consuming and requires soldering skills. Check out www.lcdparts.net for parts, repair service and DIY info.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Look at the LCD screen very closely and check if you can see a faint image on the screen. It's possible that the LCD lid close switch stuck in the "closed" position and the back-light stays off even when you open the LCD screen or turn on the laptop. The switch turns off the back-light when you close the LCD display to save the laptop battery power.
If that didn't fix it then there are 3 things that could have gone wrong:
1. Video cable connection from inverter to LCD got loose. To check this, follow instructions from step 3 on how to open the LCD and check if cable is fitted properly.
2. The video inverter is faulty The screen inverter failure is very similar to the back-light lamp failure. In both cases the screen gets very dark and the image on the screen becomes very faint, barely visible under a bright light. If it's still under warranty, take it for a replacement. You can replace this otherwise - you can find the inverter under the screen, follow the procedure described at point 3 to open up the screen.
3. The LCD monitor is faulty If it works on an external monitor most likely the LCD is faulty and needs replacement. If it's still under warranty, take it for a replacement. If not, you can do it yourself, it's pretty easy. Remove the rubber covers on the side of the screen, unscrew the screws take the plastic cover off, disconnect the video inverter and put in the new LCD after you connect the video inverter to it.
You can order an exclusive modified display control unit (#CU440) with proprietary upgrades
for $115, then if you return your defective control unit in repairable,
good cosmetic condition, you get a core refund of $30. It comes
with a one-year guarantee. Details are here.
- Or your existing control unit can be repaired for $39.95 in most cases, also with a full one year guarantee. Details are here.
happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your
thoughtful rating of our answer.
thats the complaint of LCD inverter circuit...if u dont know to open it,then dont do any thing better thing is go to the nearest service center of toshiba and try to repair it if thats failed. u have to replace with a new inverter circuit.dont try to repair urself...thats all.