Hello, I just want to find out what would be the problem with my vhf radio, I stored my radio for 11years and by the time thyat I,m gonna used it there,s a hamming sound and sometimes no audio is coming out when I,m using 5watts and 10watts. There,s no problem wityh my 50watts output.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. become a member of ham radio organization
2. pass an exam if necessary
3. apply for the transievers license to proper authorities (depends on country, in USA it's FCC)
4. When the license is issued buy a radio equipment
You can replace your audio and receive transistors with a new one or a compatible one and be back on the road again. the transistors are available from all ham dealers and are normally not too expensive.
do not try to fix something that ain't broke. if it is working, leave it.