- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In 1990s Sony camcorder records movie in analog format so playing in digital camcorder like DCR-TRV730 doesn't mean it will be converted in digital format and you can not import file in PC for editing purpose. You will get analog signal while playing back old cassettes.
Regarding SP, LP speed, its decided at time of recording. Camera sens SP or LP automatically in playback and set itself accordingly.
If you want to convert old cassettes into digital format, connect our camcorder to DVD recorder and burn DVD which is digital format, copy DVD files in to PC and do desired editing.
Are you playing the video back through the camcorders utility ? Sometimes by clicking on the file through windows explorer you will get the picture but no sound, this happens for the Sony camcorder but is fixed by running the playback through the motion picture browser application supplied with the camcorder.
I had the same problem. Try this: open the LCD screen so that you can access the playback buttons.Make sure camera is in playback mode. Press the "menu" button. Select "narration" . Switch narration to "off" .Now you should hear the recorded audio when your tape is playing.
Audio Dubbing may vary by model. Most Digital Camcorders are equipped with this feature. To verify that your model is, please view the User Manual.
* The AUDIO DUBBING function only works in PLAYER Mode.
* You can add sound to the original sound on a pre-recorded tape, recorded in SP mode with 12bit sound.
* Use the internal and external microphones or other audio equipment.
* The original sound will not be erased.
1. Set the camcorder to PLAYER mode.
* If you want to use an external microphone, connect the microphone to the external MIC input jack on the camcorder.
* When you wish to dub using the External A/V input, connect the AUDIO/VIDEO cable to the camcorder by inserting the cable jack into the A/V in/out terminal at the left side of the camcorder.
- Press the MENU button, turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V and press the ENTER button.
- Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight AV IN/OUT and press the ENTER button to select AV IN.
2. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button and find the timeframe of the scene to be dubbed.
3. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to pause the scene.
4. Press the A.DUB button on the Remote Control.
* A.DUB will be displayed on the LCD.
* The camcorder is in a ready-to-dub state for dubbing.
5. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to start dubbing.
* Press the (STOP) button to stop the dubbing.
* You can not use the audio dubbing function while playing a write protected video tape.
* When you wish to dub using the External A/V input, you must connect the AUDIO/VIDEO cable to the audio system from which you wish to record.
* You cannot dub sound on a pre-recorded tape in LP or 16 bit mode.
Dubbed audio Playback
1. Insert the dubbed tape and press MENU button.
2. Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V.
3. Press the ENTER button to enter the sub-menu.
4. Use the MENU DIAL to select AUDIO SELECT from the submenu.
5. Press the ENTER button to enter the sub-menu.
6. Using the MENU DIAL, select the AUDIO playback channel.
Press the ENTER button to confirm the audio playback channel.
* SOUND1 : play the original sound.
* SOUND2 : play the dubbed sound.
* MIX(1+2) : play back SOUND1 and 2 equally mixed.
7. To exit, press the MENU button.
8. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to playback the dubbed tape.
Note: When you playback added sound (SOUND2 or MIX mode), you may experience loss of sound quality.
* The MPEG Playback function works in M. PLAY mode only.
* You can play moving picture images on the Memory Card.
* To hear sound during MPEG4 playback, you must hook up to a PC and listen to the PC's speaker. (You cannot hear it from the speaker on the camcorder or a TV)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD position.
2. Set the power switch to PLAYER mode.
3. Press the MENU button and turn the MENU DIAL to highlight MEMORY.
4. Press the ENTER button to enter sub-menu.
5. Use the MENU DIAL to select MPEG4 from the sub-menu. (M. PLAY SELECT)
6. To exit the menu, push the MENU button.
7. Using the (FWD) and (REV) buttons, search for the moving picture that you want to playback.
8. Press the PLAY/STILL button.
The moving pictures recorded on the MEMORY CARD begin playing back.