Question about Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
From the service manual:
The printhead is stuck in the tilt position by the tilt arms. The process motor gearbox
being out of sync can also cause this error.
1. Reboot the printer.
2. Verify the lock arms rotate correctly.
3. Check for spilled ink around the printhead.
4. Check the process motor gears for damage. Ensure the
process gears are correctly aligned and homed.
5. Verify the process gear box, process shaft, and drive
module shaft are at home position.
6. Verify the headtilt gear will engage, see the home
positioning procedure on page. You can manually
engage the headtilt gear.
7. Run the Tilt Axis Drive test.
8. Run the Process Motor test.
9. Run the Head Maintenance Clutch test, if the test fails
replace the clutch.
10.Run Wiper Drive test. If this fails inspect the wiper
Since posting all these test would be impractical, let me know if you need the service manual and I can send it your way. Thanks and please take a moment to rate as fixya.
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2012 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Jan 17, 2010 | Minolta Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 20, 2009 | Xerox WorkCentre C2424DN All-In-One Laser...
Mar 31, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Mar 14, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 23, 2007 | Canon SELPHY DS810 InkJet Photo Printer
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!