Question about Logitech Harmony 670 Advanced Universal Remote with LCD Screen
Hi. Here is how to get your remote out of safe mode.
1. Connect your remote to the computer.
2. Launch the Harmony Remote Software, and log in.
3. Click "Downloads" at the top and click "Firmware"
4. The remote will go through the firmware update.
5. Select "Yes", and click NEXT to update the remote.
Voila! Hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 06, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
remove one battery. press and hold the #2 while replacing the battery. hold the #2 until you see "upgrade success". press activities and you're back in business.
Posted on May 02, 2009
Just a message to all that have problems with there Logitec remotes. My remote went into something called a "safe mode" when my partner changed the batteries while holding the power button.... I pressed every single button to try and get out of it but nothing seemed to work, (I was getting pretty frusterated, there is nothing in the manual to tell you how to fix this problem), however, I have now learnt that as you replace the batteries you need to have the number 2 button held in as you replace the last battery. This works 100% so if you have any trouble with the "safe mode" then this is what fixes it.
Posted on Aug 26, 2009
Testimonial: "Worked like a charm"
1. Remove the batteries. While holding the 2 button down, connect the USB cable. The remote will boot into normal mode. Did this fix the problem? If no, please continue to troubleshoot.
2. Update the firmware. Update the configuration. Did this fix the problem? If no, please continue to troubleshoot.
3. There could be a stuck button on the remote causing the symptom. Remove the batteries from the remote. Push in, and massage each button ensuring it is not stuck down. Replace the batteries and Update the firmware. Update the configuration. Did this fix the problem? If no, please continue to troubleshoot.
4. Remove the batteries from the remote. Manually place the remote into `Safe Mode` by holding off and plug in the USB. Upgrade the firmware in the remote. Update the configuration. Did this fix the problem? If no, please e-mail us back for further information about your issue.
1. Log into the Logitech Harmony Remote Software on your computer
2. Click on the Downloads button at the top-right corner of your screen
3. Click on the Firmware button. Follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade the firmware on your Harmony remote
4. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click on the Update Remote button
5. Test your remote.
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
Hi. I sure do know how to fix this! haha. Usually just taking the battery out for about a minute then putting it back in works, but if not it will get out of safe mode if you update the firmware.
1, Log in to the software.
2. Click 'Downloads' at the top
3. Click 'Firmware'
4. Update the remote
Posted on Mar 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 670 Advanced Universal...
on Apr 30, 2010 | Televison & Video
Sep 26, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 670 Advanced Universal...
Jul 12, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 670 LCD Remote Control
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 670 LCD Remote Control
Mar 29, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 670 LCD Remote Control
Mar 04, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 670 LCD Remote Control
Jun 30, 2008 | Logitech Harmony 670 LCD Remote Control
188 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: