Question about Whirlpool MH7155XM Microwave Oven
We have this unit for 5 years. It used to draw steam from the range below into and thru the filters, but does not now. Filters are cleaned. The unit is setup for outside venting thru a duct which goes out thru the roof. Since there is no draw of the steam at all, I suspect some malfunction inside the unit. Fan motor runs on all 4 speeds.
Possibly a bird built a nest (swallows) in or on the roof vent. Make sure the fan turns freely when off. Check the vent tube that goes up to the roof--if flex-tubing, it may have collapsed and pinched off the air flow (it may be too long). Make sure that a one-way valve which should be near the exit of the hood is free to move when air flow pushes on it. This valve is supposed to prevent back-flow of air into the house. Hope this helps!
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 26, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 23, 2014 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Hello - This may or may not be specifically for your model, however these are generics instructions that I found.
To replace the light bulb to the over the range microwave you will need to follow the steps below:
1. To replace light bulb, first disconnect power to the microwave oven at the circuit breaker panel or by unplugging.
2. Remove the vent grill mounting screws.
3. Pull the vent grill away from the unit.
4. Remove the charcoal filter by pushing it inwards, then turn and pull it away from the unit.
5. Open light cover located behind filter mounting by carefully pulling up on the front edge.
6. Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent 30 watt bulb available from part distributor. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers.
7. Replacing the microwave oven light cover by carefully pushing into place. Replace the charcoal filter. Push the vent grill back into place (engaging both the bottom and top tabs) and replace the vent grill mounting screws.
Note: DO NOT USE BULB LARGER THAN 30 WATTS.
Oct 27, 2012 | Frigidaire FMV152K Microwave Oven
Jul 04, 2012 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Oct 29, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Jul 20, 2009 | Whirlpool 1.6 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...
May 19, 2009 | Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave...
Jan 26, 2009 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven
Jan 13, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 02, 2009 | Whirlpool MH1170XS Microwave Oven
240 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: