Question about HP Compaq nx9010
Maybe the battery is junk. It did charge last summer haven't used it since. Also OS is Windows XP
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
first of all check this battary with another same configured laptop of your's.. i guess this problem should be with your battary...
Posted on Mar 31, 2008
SOURCE: Compaq laptop problem
I am still testing on the battery and so far no problems with the flash drive in. The slow booting is due I think to Avast updating the virus database at the same time. Otherwise it boots OK. I am getting an error at shutdown "SynTPLpr failed to initialize properly" I have also noticed that I don't need to click on the user login at boot time, only place the cursor over the name and it takes off by itself.
Posted on Aug 11, 2008
SOURCE: Hp compaq nc6320 doesnt charge
I have had a similar problem and solved by another solution. I think you should try it before grabbing a soldering iron.
In my case my charger was not working from one day to another. So I bought a universal charger of Kingston. Worked without any problem for a long time ~6 months. Then same problem again. Checked voltage of the charger and that was okay. Strange thing with a charger of a friend, my laptop charged again! So I thought I needed to buy another one.
Still it was strange that two chargers broke in such short time and at the same time still have voltage around 19V and charging other laptops! So I checked a forum and there I found the follwoing solution (uninstall the AC adapter and reinstall it again in the device manager):
- go to control panel
- device manager
- uninstall the programm for the AC adapter
- go back to control panel
- check for new hardware and install the AC adapter software again
Problem solved! Even my old adapter works again!
Posted on Feb 18, 2010
SOURCE: I need drivers for PCI
Here is the site to download what you are needing for drivers for your laptop.http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=449878&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=449877&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1098
Posted on Sep 22, 2010
SOURCE: how to boot hp nx9010
1. The PC has to support booting from a USB flash/pen/key drive. There may be anywhere from 1-3 items to change in the BIOS to make this possible assuming your BIOS supports it. Some bios's may refer to your flash drive as a USB floppy or USB zip. Of course there are exceptions, perhaps some are covered here.
2. The USB flash drive must support booting from it in general.
3. The flash drive must contain the boot/system files.
4. The flash drive must have bootsector area. This is done with special utilities.
5. References to "A:" drive lines in the autoexec.bat and/or config.sys files you copy to the drive after you make it bootable may result in errors.
6. You "may" have to format your floppy disk first in WinXP before you create a bootdisk as XP may "not" like working later on with a disk formatted otherwise.
7. Included below is a bootable ISO of DOS 7.1 which may be used with some of these methods if you do not have a 1.44 drive.
Posted on Nov 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2013 | HP Compaq Cq58-252Sa 15.6-Inch Laptop...
Nov 23, 2012 | HP NX9010 Notebook
Jul 09, 2012 | HP Compaq Business Notebook NX9010
Mar 07, 2011 | HP Compaq nx9010
Nov 15, 2010 | HP Compaq nx9010
Feb 16, 2010 | HP Compaq Business Notebook NX9010
Nov 28, 2007 | HP Compaq Business Notebook NX9010
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!