Question about Kohler K-8803-VS Duostrainer sink basket strainer, Vibrant Stainless

1 Answer

Kitchen sink protector (plastic coated wire) The rubber foot protectors have deteriorated. How can I get replacements?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,066 Answers


Posted on Mar 09, 2009

2 Suggested Answers

  • 2976 Answers

SOURCE: plastic coated sink protectors - rubber feet deteriorated

You can get a product called Plasti-Dip at your hardware store. It is the stuff used to plastc coat tools.

Posted on Jul 02, 2009

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have two Geberit 152.1101.RT. Black sink strainers in my kitchen sink. The baskets have broken and I need to replace them, but I understand Geberit no longer makes this product, and I need to know if...

No, its like mixing Ford with Chevy. See if you can fine something at your local hardware store. If a FIT ALL works take the new strainer to a Powder Coat Shop and they can dip them and make them black for you

Or just buy new ones from Kolher and install them not hard to do

THanks R J

Sep 08, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Will my copper sink still look good in years to come?

It all depends on the coating on the sink.

When exposed to air, copper will naturally oxodize and develop a blue/green coating or a dark brown coating that is called a patina.

In order to prevent the copper from developing a patina, it would need a clear coating of some sort to keep the copper away from the oxygen. The type and quality of these coatings vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and you would need to find reviews for your particular sink in order to evaluate them. There are even blends of copper and stainless steel to give you the benefits of both.

Most copper sinks will be uncoated and the manufacturers recommend waxing them to slow the patina process. When all this is said and done, even if your sink does turn green, treatment with a copper polish will remove the patina and bring it back to a bright copper look.

Sep 08, 2009 | RTO Copper Sinks Direct Deluxe Strainer...

1 Answer

Insulation falling off bottom of sink

This insulation is important as a sound reducer so I would definitely glue it back into place. Go to any home depot, lowes, or other hardware store and get construction adhesive, the tacky kind will work best for your purpose. Then just put a thin coat directly on the bottom of the sink and stick your rubber back in place.

May 27, 2009 | Franke CPX-110 Compact Undermount...

1 Answer

Cement sink drain repair

Yes you can still get those basket strainers and you can replumb with plastic pipe. Make sure when you go to the store to get the extra long strainers made for thick sinks, the fitting on the bottom should be made to accept plastic pipe. You may also need a "mission band" or "fernco coupling" to attach the plastic to metal pipe after replacing everything under the sink.

Mar 23, 2009 | Plumbing

2 Answers

Cast Iron Sink with porcelain coating. The Porcelain coating crac

Kohler does have a porcelin touch up or you can get it at Home Depot or Lowe's. Not the best solution but it might help. Comes in a little bottle like White out

Mar 15, 2009 | Kohler K-5814-4U Clarity White/Color...

2 Answers

Plastic coated sink protectors - rubber feet deteriorated

You can get a product called Plasti-Dip at your hardware store. It is the stuff used to plastc coat tools.

Mar 09, 2009 | Kohler K-8803-VS Duostrainer sink basket...

2 Answers

I need a new franke sink basket strainer for my franke sink model PRX11021 - stainless steel. What is the model number that will fit this sink and can I order it online or go to a local store?

You should purchase a complete basket strainer assembly. Home Depot or Lowes have some very nice ones. They are a standard size.
Tell them it's for your kitchen sink.

Jan 28, 2009 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kohler K-8803-VS Duostrainer sink basket strainer, Vibrant Stainless Logo

Related Topics:

1,872 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kohler Plumbing Experts


Level 3 Expert

4332 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2046 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

13804 Answers

Are you a Kohler Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides