Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Kenmore series 90 110.26932690 will not fill. The pump works because it will fill on rinse, but not on the wash cycle. I have reset the water level button. I also tested it by blowing into the air hose which cut off the flow going to the detergent dispenser line and I could hear the switch activating. It just won't fill on ANY of the wash cycles throughout the every setting. Does that mean that the timer is bad? Is there any way for me to test it prior to purchasing a new one? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
If you suspect you have a defective timer it can easily be replaced by performing the following steps:
1. Unplug washing machine... and pull out the timer knob. Some knobs have a removeable center cap and hidden screw. Some are simply slip-fit. Remove the knob.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer.
The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer.
There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up.
There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Disconnect all power plugs and remove the timer's mounting screws.
5. Reinstall reverse of removal.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2014 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Sep 28, 2017 | Washing Machines
Aug 08, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jul 01, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jun 22, 2009 | Washing Machines
Mar 22, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Aug 08, 2008 | Kenmore 15129 Built-in Dishwasher
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: