Page opens, white screen freezes. Con/alt/del or restart to get out. It seems anything related to IE doesn't work. Internet Options in Control Panel does not open. Cannot download from Microsoft website. AOL and email work OK.
Thanks for your time.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Internet Explorer 7 won't start.
1. Uninstall and reinstall IE7 and let me know how it work.
2. Also check on windows website if you operating system is compatible with that.
3. you can also installed microsoft autoupdate to installed upto date drivers. Which should solve the issues.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you upgraded to Internet Explorer 9, it made a backup of Internet Explorer 8 and replaced it. If you are running windows xp you would have had the Beta release of IE 9, as the full blown release will not run on xp. It was designed only for Vista or Windows 7.
In order to get IE 8 back, you will need to go to Start > Control Panel and look for the option to Uninstall or Change Programs or the Icon for Programs and Features if in icon view. Once the list of programs loads, look for Internet Explorer 9 and then highlight it and click Uninstall at the top of the screen. It will remove the new version and replace it with your previous version. You will need to reboot the machine when it is finished.
Once back up and running you should have IE 8 back in place and fully functional.
You will have to uninstall ( Reset ) Internet Explorer and Reinstall.
To do so :
1. Open Control panel in Classic View 2. Open Add/Remove programs 3. Click on Windows components on left tab 4. from the list - Uncheck Internet Explorer 5. Click ok and restart the PC 6. Open Control panel and Add/remove programs 7. click on winows components 8. Put a Check on Internet Explorer and click ok and restart the PC
You can then download the latest Internet Explorer from Microsoft Website
1. Open Control panel 2. Open Programs and Features 3. From the list chick on Internet Explorer Self Tool 4. Click Change button on top tab 5. Continue with the instructions on screen
OR you can choose Repair option on Tab to Repair any broken coding in Internet Explorer
Start Internet Explorer.
On your keyboard:
* press and release the ALT key
* press and release the T key
* press and release the O key
Click "use blank".
Close Internet Explorer.
Start Internet Explorer.
You should now get a "blank" page.