Dell Vostro 200 desktop with Windows XP is not able to handle two
Vista doesn't generally like to be installed on a hard drive that big. Well, Windows, in general doesn't.
And, from the sounds of it, you didn't install Windows on your new primary 1.5TB drive, you just copied it from the 500GB drive, which won't work.
Here's what you should to, to solve this:
1) Swap out your 1.5TB drive with the 500GB drive again.
2) Swap out your secondard 1.5TB drive, with the new one.
3) Create a partition of 120GB or less on that drive
4) Install Windows on the new partition.
5) Put the other 1.5TB drive back in, as secondary.
Once that's done, you can swap out the new 1.5TB drive with your Windows partition on it, in place of the 500GB drive.
When you boot, Windows may ask you to select which operating system you want, just select Windows Vista, and you should be good to go.
I had a similar issue a few years ago, when I tried to install Windows on a 1TB drive, and couldn't get it to work. Once I partitioned a smaller space, it worked like magic.
Mar 20, 2009 |
Dell Vostro 200 Desktop Computer Intel...