Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
lid switch is bad chance are you can by pass this by removing the timer header and crossing the outer wire on the lid switch that it mounted closest to the lid not the power cord this will tell you if you need a switch
Posted on Dec 03, 2007
check the lid switch operation,not sure what the noise could be maybe somthing stuck in the pump? hope ths helps unless the contacts in the timer are faulty i have opened up a few timers and fixed the contacts short term.
Posted on Mar 09, 2008
lid switch lift lid and listen for click when lid shuts.. believe switch on rear left just behind lid hinge or on older models right side about half way opening (ck for boken lever or screw holes)also hinge may not be fully contacting switch ckd hinge screws just in case first if too much play in hinge will fail to contact switch..switch may be acessed by removing screws in bottom rear corners on back of console and lifting console
Posted on Jul 30, 2008
Thanks for the question If your washer sorta spins and washes ok, your problem is with the transmissionTHanks for your question THe Appliance doc
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
Ok folks to change the lid switch on these and many top loading Whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore, etc is quite easy.
Steps to replace the lid switch:
1. Remove unit from AC.
2. Remove the loading door from the unit, or using some duct tape tape it closed.
3. Using a small flat bladed screwdriver find the 2 release catches on the front of the unit between the top cover and front panel. These are just snap claps to hold the top cover down. To release the top you will need to compress the latch using the screwdriver. Start with one side, then the other. Once you have released both clips the lid will lift up just like the hood of your car.
4. You will now be able to remove the lid switch from the unit.
5. Install the new switch and close the hood of the unit.
6. Test the repair by running the unit though a complete cycle.
A great place to order the replacement part for the unit is:
They ship same day on orders placed before 3pm EST. Overnight shipping is available, however I usually opt for the 2-3 day ground shipping and save the money.
If this switch replacement does not take care of the problem, you might need to replace the control board located under the front panel. This replacement is also very easy and takes about 10 min from start to finish.
Hope this helps everyone. Cheers,
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2012 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Feb 13, 2010 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Feb 15, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Jan 06, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Jun 28, 2008 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Feb 05, 2008 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!