Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
The face panel is part #G519538. I've removed all the screws and knobs, except for the knob that sets the washer cycle. I don't know how to remove this. It doesn't pull off like the other smaller knobs.
If you suspect you have a defective timer it can easily be replaced by performing the following steps:
1. Unplug washing machine... and pull out the timer knob. Some knobs have a removeable center cap and hidden screw. Some are simply slip-fit. Remove the knob.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer.
The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer.
There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up.
There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Disconnect all power plugs and remove the timer's mounting screws.
5. Reinstall reverse of removal.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2014 | Kenmore 15944 Top Load Washer
Aug 07, 2011 | Kenmore 700 6972 Dryer
Nov 19, 2010 | GE WBVH6240F Front Load Washer
Mar 03, 2010 | Kenmore 98702 Stacked Washer/Dryer
May 09, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Mar 22, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Sep 10, 2008 | Kenmore 23822 Top Load Washer
Apr 22, 2008 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: