Question about Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
I'm going to do my best, but understand that I have answered this same question - I'm not kidding - thousands of times, so I'm tired:
1. Music files come in several formats. The most common are mp3, wma, aac (iTunes), wav, and ra.
2. All GoGear's recognize mp3 format. Some GoGears' (like the SA6045) recognize protected WMA's, and some do not. No GoGear's recognize iTunes yet.
3. To avoid belaboring this point - only download songs in mp3 format. Any other music format will give you constant headaches if you are an mp3 dummy. It is harder, more expensive to download true mp3 files, but they will last forever. Every other musical format either: a) will not work with your GoGear, or b) will give you some kind of problem down the road.
If you need help transferring songs using Windows Media Player:
The instructions in these pages, which are largely links, pertain to Windows Media Player 10 and 11 only.
Windows Media Player is made by Microsoft. The general help page for Windows Media Player is:
Through this link, you can enter a variety of search terms that will help you find what you are looking for (exs.: “add files to my mp3 player”; “delete files from my mp3 player,” etc.)
The code word for “mp3 player” in Windows Media Player is “DEVICE” or “portable device”
The code word for adding files is “SYNC,” “syncing,” or “synchronizing”
The code word for copying files from CD is “RIP,” or “ripping”
The code word for files stored on both My Computer and my Mp3 player (when it is connected to the computer) is “LIBRARY”
To add files (SYNC) to your mp3 player using Windows Media Player 10:
To add files (SYNC) to your mp3 player using Windows Media Player 11:
To delete files from your mp3 player using Windows Media Player 10:
To delete files from your mp3 player using Windows Media Player 11:
1. Connect your mp3 player to the computer
2. Open Windows Media Player
3. Click on the icon of your Mp3 player on the left-hand side of the Library
4. Click on the Songs, Tracks, or other Music Folder
5. Find a song or songs that you want to delete
6. Left-click the song once to highlight it
7. Press the “Delete” button on your computer’s keyboard
To copy (RIP) files from CD to Mp3 player using Windows Media Player 10:
To copy (RIP) files from CD to Mp3 player using Windows Media Player 11:
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
Nothing to blame, but you could have made your media players work the best and you can do it now. mp3 converter for mac comes into being with a mission to save all the troubles from music lovers. Mp3 converter for Mac is capable of converting between almost all popular auido formats, especially convert to friendly muisc like mp3, mka, wav, m4a, m4v,aac, ac3, aiff, amr, flac, wma, mp2. Mac Mp3 converter can also read most popular video formats and decode while extracting soundtrack. just with few mouse clicks, the entire list of videos will turn to MP3.
this is for Mac users, if you are a Windows user, just click on the link, it will be there.
Posted on May 25, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2013 | RCA RCR311TFM1 Remote Control 261669
Oct 31, 2012 | Tely Labs | TelyHD Skype Camera
Jun 20, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 18, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 13, 2011 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Jan 13, 2010 | Coby MP-610 MP3 Player
Oct 13, 2009 | PNY 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Grey/Black
Jan 28, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5630 Notebook
Jan 16, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
203 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!