a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you scanner only has Win XP drivers, then you have only two choices as those drivers wont work on WIN 7. One is to buy a new scanner, as you have already suggested. The other is to create a virtual machine, load WIN XP onto it, and then install the scanner drivers on the virtual machine. This should work fine as I do it for a piece of software that only works on WIN XP, however it is a bit of a inconvenience to use.
In this case Try to Do a Wia scan i will tell u how.......... Windows Vista: Go to Start/All Programmes/Windows Photo Gallery........... There you will see an option saying File click on that and now on the drop down click on Import from Scanner or Camera.........Select ur scanner from that list and click on Import............. If it doesnt scan and does the same thing it insists that there should be a Problem with the scanner......... If that works.......... Software Problem............. Uninstall and Reinstall the software................
A quick fix for most communication errors can be achieved by resetting the printer and/or rebooting the PC. Disconnect the printer from your computer. Reboot your pc. Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power source to reset it. When the everything turns back on, reconnect the printer into the computer. Wait for your computer to fully recognize the usb connection. Try to scan again.
You can also try to update your printer driver. Just insert the installation disc into the pc hard drive and run the setup application.
NOTE: When fitting the wires, be sure to use those specified below. Machine front: (P/N: 2C91236), gray Machine rear: (P/N: 2C91235), black Fitting requires the following tools Two frame securing tools (P/N 302C968310) Two scanner wire stoppers (P/N 3596811)
Procedure 1. Remove the rear cover.
2. Remove the screw and remove the scanner wire drum gear from the rear side of themachine.
3. Remove the stop ring and bush.
4. Remove the stop ring and bush from the front of the machine.
5. Remove the scanner wire drum shaft from the scanner unit.
6. Insert the locating ball on each of the scanner wires into the hole in the respective scanner wire drum and wind the scanner wire three turns inward and four turns outward. With the locating ball as the reference point, wind the shorter end of each of the wires outward.
7. Secure the scanner wires using the scanner wire stoppers.
8. Refit the scanner wire drum shaft to the scanner unit.
9. Insert the two frame securing tools into the positioning holes at the front and rear of the scanner unit to fix the mirror 2 frame in position.
10. Loop the outer ends of the scanner wires around the outer grooves in the pulleys on the mirror 2 frame, winding from below to above.
11. Hook the round terminals onto the catches inside the scanner unit.
12. Loop the inner ends of the scanner wires around the grooves in the pulleys at the left of the scanner unit, winding from below to above.
13. Loop the scanner wires around the inner grooves in the pulleys on the mirror 2 frame, winding from above to below.
14.Wind the scanner wires around the grooves in the scanner wire guides at the left of the scanner unit.
15. Hook the round terminals onto the scanner wire springs.
16. Remove two scanner wire stoppers and frame securing tools.
17. Focusing on the locating ball of the wire drum, move aside the wires to inside.
18.Move the mirror 2 frame from side to side to correctly locate the wires in position.
19. Put the mirror 1 frame on the scanner rail and move it toward the left side of the machine.
20. Insert the frame securing tools into the positioning holes (leftmost holes) at the front and rear of the scanner unit and screw the mirror 1 frame while securing both the mirror 1 frame and the mirror 2 frame.
I have the same all-in-one printer and have just recently, the unit is a few years old, started having the same problem. I found that that if I make double sure the pages are evenly stacked and very carefully placed in the feeder tray, the problem is less common. It doesn't work everytime but ar least I get my faxes through on the first attempt 75% of the time.
I have found out the hard way that Windows 7 is exactly like Vista - i.e. incompatible with perfectly working equipment - for several PCI add-on cards and my trusted 1212u scanner. My solution: I'm ditching Windows 7 and going for Ubuntu. It supports the 1212u fine with the SANE package. It's ridiculously wasteful to toss working peripherals just because Microsoft can't be bothered to offer decent support for its paid software.
Sounds like you scanner is dead. Not much you can do. New all in one machines use very low quality parts to lure people with the features and then **** out in a year or so to make you buy a new one. HP scanners a somewhat more reliable but can be prone to the same problems.