Plantronics headset connected to Mitel 4025 - won't work!!!!
I've just connected a Plantronics Headset with Handest Lifter to my Mitel 4025. Despite being connected as per the instructions - I can't get a dial tone when I press "call" on the headset. I'm sure I'm, being dense, but I can't find any reason why it won't work!!! I'm desperate for a solution as it needs to be working by this afternoon!!! Help!!!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Plantronics headset connected to Mitel 4025 - won't...
You need to have a headset button on the set, and you need a release button if you want to transfer calls to others.
Press the Blue SuperKey and press all the buttons (one at a time) to find a spare button or find one that you do not use or need.
Press the * button to change the button (scroll thru the options to find headset).
Once you made the button in to a headset button, press button to turn on or off the headset.
Once the button is lit up, this means that the headset is active, now try pressing the call with the receiver off hook.
This should do the trick... if not write back and I will attempt to help you more.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Plantronics makes an adjunct device that attaches to the telephone base (Velcro) and can lift the handset when the button on your headset is pressed. Unfortunately that's the only way to directly integrate the Plantronics (or any other brand) headsets with the Mitel 4XXX series phone. This handset lifter is actually bundled with some of the SAVI headsets, depending on the actual model you get. Separately it's about an additional $50 option. I recall the Plantronics part number is HL-10. Hope this helps.
no, sorry you need a plantronics (or other) "lifter" to be installed on the phone. The headset has no clue what line to answer on the phone . The lifter will raise the handset when headset button is pressed. Using the auto answer here is a link
NOTE: Before re-subscribing the system make sure the IntelliStand switch (on the right side of the charging base) is in the "_" position and NOT the "=" position.
The headset and the base unit are supplied subscribed to each other. However, if you wish to use a replacement headset with the base unit (or if you lose your connection to the base unit), then you must re-subscribe as follows:
1. Return the headset to the charging base.
2. Press and hold both the + and - buttons on the back of the charging base until the red light on the front of the base starts to flash.
3. Let go of both buttons. The red light should continue to flash.
4. Press the mute switch (black wheel on the top of the headset) straight down until a green light appears on the headset, then let go of the wheel, and the light should remain on the headset.
5. Resubscription is finished when the red light on the base is fully illuminated and the green light on the headset disappears.
6. Remove the headset from the charging base lift telephone handset/press headset button if not using a handset lifter. The headset and base should now be connected.
7. If this procedure does not resolve your issue to try a system reset.
1) The phone cannot communicate with the switch.
2) Make sure your connections are good at both the jack that you plug the phone into and the block or connection coming from the Mitel switch.
What Mitel Switch do you have?