I had the same problem and just figured it out! On your control panel, choose printer and then Properties. Go to Printing Preferences and click on the Advanced tab. Under this tab is a button for More Options and then a section Complete-A-Print. I had to uncheck "use color cartridge for all black printing" and then check "use black cartridge to print in black and white." Then I had the option back to print in black and white. I have a Dell Photo 964 but I'm assuming the options should be the same. Hope this helps someone!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. In Windows: Go to Start>Devices and Printers>Right click on your default printer. Select printing preferences.
2. In the area that reads: Additional Features in the middle of the window, you'll see a selection that reads: Grayscale Printing Put a check in that box. This will print everything in black and white.
3. Go down to the bottom of that window and put a check on the box that reads: Always print with Current Settings.
4. Click Apply
5. Click OK.
Once you are just printing in black and white, the only cartridge you will have to replace is black ink-unless you change it back to color in the future-then you will have to replace the color cartridge as well when it is low.
Try changing the color quality of your printing under your printing preferences to best to get darker prints.
You might have set your printing quality to fast draft or fast normal.
If you do not know how to go to your printing preferences. Follow these steps.
1. Go to your Printers and Faxes(XP), Printers(Vista), Devices and Printers(Win7)
2. Right Click on Your Printer Icon
3. Click on Printing Preferences
4. On Print Quality, Choose Best.
5. Under Features -- Check the box for Print in Maximum DPI.
on windows go to configuration panel, select printers and faxes icon
in the printer and faxes window mark the dell printer, right mouse click and select properties.
I hope this answered your question.
n the different printer tab and select as default output draft.
Please check if your Colour Ink Cartridge is not emply. If their's ink in the cartridge then try to service your printer through the Print Preferences. Your Colour Cartridge Nozzels could have been blocked thats why your printer is unable to print in Colour.
In case if both the above doesn't work then check in the Print Preferences that you should not have saved the option of PRINT DOCUMENT IN BLACK ONLY. hope this helps , AJ
No it,s not a glitch, the printer is informing you that these are also out of ink.
Go To START/PRINTERS/Right Click On EpsonR220/Printer Preferences. Tick The Box Draft Or Text.
Should Now Print In Monochrome ( Black and white )
Yoou probably have it set to photo or other colour option.
Mike @ Compurepair.