Question about Carrier XHB123D X/Y Series Heat/Cool Air Conditioner
When I wake up in the morning the furnace is out and Code 12 is flashing which is blower calibration lockout. I turn off the power which resets the computer and the unit restarts and runs fine but the Code 12 reappears and it goes out again.
The unit is 19 years old.
What do you suggest?
Code 12 I believe is power up after power off and a call for heat from the the thermostat. If you have a weak door switch that may be vibrating and going on and off it would cause this as would any thing that causes the power to drop low or out then reapply its self. try holding the door switch in while watching the board and after 2 or 3 minutes the furnace should go on to lite and the blower cycle off. If it stays in this mode try turning the thermostat off (heat - OFF -cool) and then push in the door switch nothing should happen except the lite on the board come on and stay on. If it does this than have someone turn the thermostat to heat and see if it starts or put the door on and set the heat and see if *** goes through the normal cycle of heating. If however it goes right back into the blower mode and shows the 12 code your problem is still with you. So next remove the wire on the "W" terminal on the board. Retry power to the door switch and now nothing should be on except the red lite. If it tries to start the 12 code and blower up again Im pretty sure you have a bad ignition/blower control board.
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2015 | Air Conditioners
Oct 03, 2014 | Air Conditioners
Feb 17, 2013 | Air Conditioners
Dec 02, 2010 | Air Conditioners
Nov 17, 2010 | Air Conditioners
EACH OF THE FOLLOWING STATUS CODES IS A TWO DIGIT NUMBER WITH THE FIRST
DIGIT DETERMINED BY THE NUMBER OF SHORT FLASHES AND THE SECOND DIGIT BY
THE NUMBER OF LONG FLASHES.
11 NO PREVIOUS CODE - Stored status code is erased automatically after 72
hours. On RED LED boards stored status codes can also be erased when power
(115 VAC or 24 VAC) to control is interrupted.
12 BLOWER ON AFTER POWER UP (115 VAC or 24 VAC) -Blower runs for 90
seconds, if unit is powered up during a call for heat (R-W closed) or R-W opens
during blower on-delay.
13 LIMIT CIRCUIT LOCKOUT - Lockout occurs if the limit or flame rollout switch is
open longer than 3 minutes.
- Control will auto reset after three hours. - Refer to #33.
14 IGNITION LOCKOUT - Control will auto-reset after three hours. Refer to #34.
21 GAS HEATING LOCKOUT - Control will NOT auto reset.
Check for: - Mis-wired gas valve -Defective control (valve relay)
22 ABNORMAL FLAME-PROVING SIGNAL - Flame is proved while gas valve is
de-energized. Inducer will run until fault is cleared. Check for:
- Leaky gas valve - Stuck-open gas valve
23 PRESSURE SWITCH DID NOT OPEN Check for:
- Obstructed pressure tubing. - Pressure switch stuck closed.
24 SECONDARY VOLTAGE FUSE IS OPEN Check for:
- Short circuit in secondary voltage (24VAC) wiring.
31 PRESSURE SWITCH DID NOT CLOSE OR REOPENED - If open longer than
five minutes, inducer shuts off for 15 minutes before retry. Check for:
- Excessive wind - Proper vent sizing - Defective inducer motor
- Low inducer voltage (115VAC) - Defective pressure switch
- Inadequate combustion air supply - Restricted vent
- Disconnected or obstructed pressure tubing
- Low inlet gas pressure (if LGPS used)
If it opens during blower on-delay period, blower will come on for the selected
33 LIMIT CIRCUIT FAULT - Indicates a limit, or flame rollout is open. Blower will
run for 4 minutes or until open switch remakes whichever is longer. If open
longer than 3 minutes, code changes to lockout #13. If open less than 3 minutes
status code #33 continues to flash until blower shuts off. Flame rollout switch
requires manual reset. Check for: - Restricted vent
- Proper vent sizing - Loose blower wheel - Excessive wind
- Dirty filter or restricted duct system.
- Defective blower motor or capacitor. - Defective switch or connections.
- Inadequate combustion air supply (Flame Roll-out Switch open).
34 IGNITION PROVING FAILURE - Control will try three more times before lockout
#14 occurs. If flame signal lost during blower on-delay period, blower will come
on for the selected blower off-delay. Check for: - Control ground continuity
- Flame sensor must not be grounded
- Oxide buildup on flame sensor (clean with fine steel wool).
- Proper flame sense microamps (.5 microamps D.C. min., 4.0 - 6.0 nominal).
- Gas valve defective or gas valve turned off - Manual valve shut-off
- Defective Hot Surface Ignitor
- Low inlet gas pressure
- Inadequate flame carryover or rough ignition
- Green/Yellow wire MUST be connected to furnace sheet metal
45 CONTROL CIRCUITRY LOCKOUT Auto-reset after one hour lockout due to;
- Gas valve relay stuck open - Flame sense circuit failure
- Software check error
Reset power to clear lockout. Replace control if status code repeats.
If status code recall is needed, briefly remove then reconnect one main limit wire to display
stored status code. On RED LED boards do not remove power or blower door before initiating
status code recall. After one status code recall is completed component test will occur.
Thanks for Choosing FixYa.
Oct 05, 2010 | Air Conditioners
Jan 18, 2010 | Carrier XHB123D X/Y Series Heat/Cool Air...
Jan 04, 2010 | Carrier XHB123D X/Y Series Heat/Cool Air...
Dec 28, 2009 | Air Conditioners
Dec 10, 2009 | Ruud UAKA042 Air Conditioner
1,053 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: