Question about Neff B1644 Electric Single Oven
Get a sharp knife under edge and it will flip off. I havent got the globe out yet.
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2014 | Ovens
Dec 20, 2013 | Whirlpool GBS307PRS Stainless Steel...
Feb 04, 2013 | KitchenAid KEMC378KSS Electric Double Oven
Aug 08, 2011 | Blodgett DFG-100 Gas Single Oven
Jun 04, 2011 | Ovens
The issue with those Thermador wall oven and freestanding range doors ( especially on the freestanding "professional" line ) is the weight of the door is so great, the hinge will actually move slightly over time, other times the entire hinge will need to be replaced.
This is what I'd recommend ( also official Thermador remedy, rest assured as I am a authorized factory trained Thermador service provider ) before pronouncing the hinges need replacing though.
**This does require a somewhat involved repair, so if you don't feel completely comfortable or have any reservation to trying this, please call in an local authorized Thermador ( B/S/H/ ) service provider.**
Recommendation: Adjust the door box hinge per instructions below.
1. Pull the oven away from the wall about 12".
2. Remove the hinge box cover plates.
3. Remove the vertical side trim piece. It covers one of the screws that must be loosened.
4. Loosen the 4 screws that secure the hinge box.
5. Place a rolled up dishtowel at the bottom of the door and close the door and apply light pressure to the door while re-tightening the four screws.
See fig below
6. Re-install the hinge box covers & side trims.
7. Re-install and secure the oven.
That should do it, ( or as stated, improve the situation ) if the hinges are too far gone they will need to be replaced unfortunately.
Let me know if you require further assistance or if indeed this solved your problem.
Thank you for choosing FixYa today and good luck going forward.
Jan 06, 2011 | Thermador SEC271BS Stainless Steel Single...
1) Turn off power to the unit
2) Open the lower oven door
3) Remove the side trim screws and pull the trims down and out.
4) Remove 2 screws on the sides of the control panel.
5) Open the Microwave door. Remove the 3 screws on the Air Vent Plastic Cover on top of the microwave. You can then remove the Air Vent Cover by pushing the control panel up and pull out slightly at the bottom.
6) Remove the 4 screws on the Air Vent Plastic Cover on top of the lower oven and remove the Air Vent Cover. (You may have to remove the left under side bracket of the Microwave door temporarily just for the Air Vent Cover to clear the screw of the bracket. Re-secure the side bracket of the Microwave door panel as the front panel may fall)
7) Remove the 2 screws which held the Microwave unit in place behind the Air Vent Cover on step 6.
8) Wiggle the Microwave unit out about half way to expose the light bulb unit on top center
9) Wiring to the Control Panel will prevent you from pulling the Microwave unit out any further. And you don't want to do that as the unit may fall. Space is cramped, but working carefully with your fingers or pliers you should be able to release the springs which held down the light bulb unit and change the bulb.
Feb 14, 2010 | KitchenAid KEMC378KSS Electric Double Oven
Aug 29, 2009 | Whirlpool RBS305PD Electric Single Oven
Mar 13, 2008 | KitchenAid KEMC378KSS Electric Double Oven
Nov 22, 2007 | KitchenAid KEBC208 Electric Double Oven
100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: