Question about Galaxy Radios DX-949 40-Channels Base CB Radio
Can I add Feq's to this radio? How can I do this
1. Remove bottom cover from radio. 2. On the main PCB, locate J33. (See diagram above) 3. Locate wires on pins marked "P5" (yellow) & "P6" (grey). 4. Cut wire on "P5" (yellow) and install a SPST switch in line. 5. Cut wire on "P6" (grey) and install a SPST switch in line. NOTE: By using two of the function switches available on the radio will eliminate the need for two new switches to be installed and mounted.
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If there is no transmit at all, it sounds like it wasn't fully refurbished. If it is just low modulation then just turn VR16 and VR14 all the way to the left.
If its not working at all, send it back. It hasn't been refurbished.
Posted on May 03, 2009
Based on your post of no transmit, a couple of possibilities:
1. defective microphone or cord or PTT switch (the red TX light does not come on when pressed);
2. TX light comes on but no output, defective finals and/or drivers. These are the transistors screwed to the chassis of the radio very near the antenna terminal;
3. defective regulator IC that provides the TX B+;
5. insufficient amperage from you power supply;
6. too high SWR.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
If your talking at least 2 then it sounds like it is the antenna. Any antenna should talk 10-12 miles on a good day, no matter what radio you're using. So I'd get a second look at that system.
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
Posted on Oct 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2014 | Galaxy Radios DX-959 40-Channels Base CB...
Jul 19, 2012 | Radio Communications
Jun 30, 2012 | Galaxy Radios DX-959 40-Channels Base CB...
Dec 04, 2011 | Galaxy Radios DX-959 40-Channels Base CB...
Apr 24, 2009 | Galaxy Radios DX-959 40-Channels Base CB...
268 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: