My playstation 3 will switch on, but it wont go to the main selection page and it wont load up games. it wont even switch off properly, if I hold the power button it does nothing so I use the main switch. I only get a blank screen and thats it. I wiggled the leads going to the console and the tv to see was it a connection fault but nothing happend. It was working perfectly the night before it happend and I havent experienced any other problems with the console.
Ok go to youtube and type" PS3 REPAIR/FIX" basicly what you do is put the ps3 on standby (the red light on) and then turn the main power off (the back switch) then hold the I/O button in the front (the on switch you use to put on standby) just hold it until it will go to standby then hold the I/O button again (the standby button) and then keep holding it until you hear one beep, then wait for two quick beeps. Then there should be a menu and select "Restore Defualt Settings". If it dosent work CONTACT SONY!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is a common HDD error. Please contact your reseller if your PS3 is in its warranty.
Note: Giving punches in your equipment is a common sollution but a wrong one, because you can damage even more the equipment. I.E: The HDD needle can break or scratch the HDD surface.
Also, warranty is violated whan misuse occurs.
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not start the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu. I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3. 2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be
visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted
Hi, when the ps3 is on standby. Press and hold the power button on the front for over 5 seconds, it runs the optimal settings screen and auto selects the best option for the cables fitted. hope this help