I had a similar problem and here is what i did: 1) Start
2) My Computer
3) View System InformationOR 1) + 2) + 3) =
Fn + F2
5) Device Manager
Expand: 'Imaging Devices'
7) Right Click: 'Acer Crystal Eye webcam' Select:
8) Select: 'No, not this time'
9) Select: 'Install from
10) Select: 'Don't search, I will choose the driver to
11) Select: 'USB Composite Device'
12) Restart the computer (you
should be prompted to restart)
After doing this
Start > My Computer will show 'USB Video Device' under
'Scanners and Cameras'
Expanding 'Imaging Devices' (step# 6) will show 'USB
Crystal Eye Webcam will now appear under 'Universal
Serial Bus controllers' (the list in 'Device Manager' step# 5)
If you wish to
re-enable the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam then follow the procedure from Step
I got my BIOS updated to Version 0.3309 (Acer
did it) in the hope that it would fix this StandBy problem but the BIOS update
did not fix it.
I then changed the WebCam settings which fixed it.
, I don't know if it is necessary to have this BIOS update done as
Someone else can probably tell you how to flash/update the BIOS
yourself, I found it too scary and did not have the proper 'ingredients' anyway