Question about Motorola Televison & Video
Does my Motorola DCH3416 DVR player have to at least be in ''Standby'' mode in order for it to record my scheduled shows? I'd like to take it off standby - power down - to save on energy but don't want it to miss any of my scheduled recordings.
I have never encountered this but if you have enabled the standby and it still does not work you will need a new receiver. The feature was to enable a screen saver so that televisions screens would not be etched if it were left on and you fell asleep. My suspicion is that the DVR hard drive is corrupt giving you this false message.
Thanks for using Fix Ya.
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
Hi chestmcn. Here's how you reset your device to its defaults:
1. Make sure your receiver is plugged in, that it's connected to your TV, and that your TV is turned on.
2. Turn your receiver OFF, then press MENU on the front panel of the box. You will then see a menu on your TV.
3. Using either the up/down buttons on your remote control or the up/down buttons on the front of your receiver to navigate. Use the right arrow button to view the options for each setting.
4. Arrow down to the setting labeled "Restore All Defaults", then press the right arrow button to select that option.
5. Exit the menu and save your changes by pressing the POWER or MENU button.
For what it's worth, this issue may also be related to Comcast reference code error s0900, which means a disruption in service, usually temporary.
In case you run into more trouble with your receiver, here is a link to the user guide- http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Business/Products/TV%20Video%20Distribution/Set-tops/QAM%20Set-tops/All%20Digital%20QAM%20Set-tops/DCH3416/_Documents/Static%20Files/DCH3416_User_Guide_537529-001-c.pdf
I hope this helps. Thanks for using FixYa!
Posted on Jul 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2014 | Motorola Mobility DCH3416 (160 GB) DTV...
Feb 09, 2011 | Motorola Televison & Video
Aug 30, 2010 | Motorola Mobility DCH3416 (160 GB) DTV...
Jul 29, 2010 | Motorola Mobility DCH3416 (160 GB) DTV...
May 31, 2010 | Motorola Computers & Internet
Mar 24, 2010 | Motorola Mobility DCH3416 (160 GB) DTV...
Jul 09, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jun 24, 2008 | Televison & Video
Mar 05, 2008 | Sony KDL-32M3000 32 in. LCD Television
550 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!