Question about HP Compaq Presario V6000T Notebook
My Pavilion ZV5000 has the following power problem:
1. when on/off pressed, the LED at the front comes on. No Fan, No activity at all. The LED goes off after 5 ~7 seconds. This is always the same case.
2. Battery will charge. But also on battery the laptopt acts the same.
3. Power supply, plug and bus well soldered.
4. No melted components on the board.
5. The strange thing is, that when I plug in power, and leave the on/off button alone, the board stays cold, except for the NVIDIA chip. It heats up a bit.
Someone with an experiance about this? Help needed. Thanks.
Sorry to tell you but I've seen to many of these - your motherboard has failed. I had one that did the same tried everything except holly water. It is a failed nvidia chip.
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2010 | HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZV6000, ZX5000 Series...
May 17, 2010 | HP Pavilion zd7000 zx5000 zv5000 presario...
Apr 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2010 | HP Pavilion zv5000 Notebook
Jun 21, 2009 | HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZV6000, ZX5000 Series...
Dec 15, 2008 | HP Pavilion zd7000 zx5000 zv5000 presario...
Apr 24, 2008 | HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZV6000, ZX5000 Series...
Nov 21, 2007 | HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZV6000, ZX5000 Series...
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: