Need wireless printer to work everytime i turn it on without trying to find new ways to make it work!
Are you using Windows? If so, when it boots (if it comes up clean then do this)
1) DO NOT TRY TO PRINT
2) Check the status of the printer (enable,disable,offline, etc)
3) The one you want to see is enable or ready.
4) By the way,you want bidirectional 'ON' because your printer won't print correctly. (That's if you have a bidirectional printer)
5) If it is showing any of the codes in step 2, try and correct them.
6) If that doesn't work, check your printer for any loose wires or connections and check the wall outlet to see if it is plugging in correctly.
7) If that doesn't work, get your owner's manual out and see if you can ran a diagnostic test on it. Some printers have a built in program that will let you do this.
8) Last but not least, go to the website of the manufacturer of your printer, go to either FAQ's or knowledge base. Look for either an error code you have seen or description of the problem.
Hope I haven't confused you to much, I just recently retired from the federal government after working on computers for 22 years.
Apr 18, 2009 |