Question about Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Hitachi 43FDXO1B Convergence?
Manual Convergence for the Hitachi. YOU WILL NEED ORIGINAL HITACH REMOTE CONTROL. NONE ELSE WILL DO.
1. Receive an NTSC signal.
2. Press Magic Focus to begin magic focus
3. Press magic focus again during the magic focus process to get the “stop” screen.
4. While stop screen is up, press STATUS or INFO on the remote control (R/C) to bring you to DCAM mode and the service grid (64 point grid).
5. When you first get in here? I believe red is the selected color by default (it is flashing).
6. To choose other colors to converge, use the following buttons on the R/C:
· “STATUS” - Green
· “0” - Red
· “ANT” – Blue
7. Start from the center of the screen and work your way out on one color at a time. I adjusted red across the whole screen to match green. Then I switched to blue, and adjusted that to green as well. After you adjust blue, you
may want to go back and adjust some red again? etc. until the convergence looks good.
· Use 4, 6, 2, and 5 on the R/C to move the cursor position (dotted lines).
· Use thumb stick to move the convergence point color.
Then going along the lines and adjusting, you may run into the problem of getting an ‘S’ curve on the line. You’ll know if you get there. Basically, no matter what you do to adjust the line to be converged, the middle of the line between the points will not straighten out (it bends between the points). To fix this, the manual recommends going to the (7x5) mode which gives you less points to adjust. I had this problem, and the solution worked. There is also another mode (3x3) which gives you even less points. Basically, if the set looks good, you only fine tune it in (13x9) mode (64 point). If you have serious problems, the grids work as:
3x3 – ‘coarse’
7x5 – ‘medium’
13x9 – ‘fine’
10) To get to each of these patterns use the following on the R/C: (only if you need to)
1. (3x3) Press “STATUS” 5 times (only works when DCU is in uncorrected state)
2. (7x5) Press “0” 5 times
3. (13x9) Press “ANT” 5 times
11) If you adjust the 3x3, then you should go to the 7x5, and then the 13x9. You get the point… depending on where you start, work your way up, and always finish on the 13x9
12) When finishing up the 13x9 mode, to get additional ‘grids’ on the edges of the screen, press the PIP CH button on the remote control while in the digital convergence adjustment mode (DCAM). Fine tune the edge convergence as necessary. To exit, press PIP CH again.
13) When convergence is acceptable, press PIP MODE to write data to ROM memory. ROM WRITE? is displayed to alarm system that ROM will be overwritten with new data. Press the PIP MODE button again to write displayed data to ROM.
14) DATA WRITE TO ROM will take approximately 4 seconds and no picture will be displayed.
15) Green dots will be displayed when operation is completed.
16) Press MUTE to return to convergence pattern, then confirm again convergence is acceptable.
17) Turn power OFF.
18) Wait a few seconds. Turn the TV on, and you should have your normal signal. Press Magic Focus button just to make sure the magic focus still works (and that you did the last few steps properly)
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
SOURCE: i have a hitachi 43fdxo1b
Go to the front where the speakers are and pull off panel, there will be a panel with some screws on it, Take it off, you will see your focus block. Top is g2 (screen) they will be marked bgr. B is on the top left, turn it counter clockwise.
Posted on Nov 10, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2011 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Sep 11, 2011 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Jul 09, 2009 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Jun 22, 2009 | Hitachi FDX Series 43FDX10B 43" Rear...
Apr 13, 2009 | Hitachi 43UWX10B 43" Rear Projection...
Jan 23, 2009 | Hitachi 46F510 46" Projection HDTV
Dec 29, 2008 | Hitachi 61SDX01B 61" Rear Projection...
Jun 16, 2008 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Jan 13, 2008 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Nov 16, 2007 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Jul 10, 2014 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Aug 04, 2012 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!