Question about LG DLE2514 Electric Dryer
Lg dryer DLE2514W - inside of dryer the silver coating is flaking off or can be scratched off.
If you need a new drum. Follow the instructions below.
Ordered drum from Sears parts. 3045EL1002D
Cost of 85$ + 15 to ship. It came in 5 days.
Here is how to do it on a DLE2514W. Takes about an hour. I only used a phillips screw
driver. Take your time and look over the situation. I hope that I rememberd
everything. Good luck.
Dryer Drum Repair
Dryer Drum Repair
1. Remove L bracket with 6 screws at the top, rear.
2. Slide top back 2 inches to unlatch and remove.
3. Remove control panel with 2 screws at top, inside corners.
4. Carefully unplug 4 plugs from back of control panel.
5. Looking at inside at the top. Remove wiring bundle from 2 guides.
6. Unplug wire from dryer light.
7. Open dryer door and unscrew 2 screws behind door just below lint trap.
8. Remove 4 screws at top of front panel that holds the door.
9. Lift up front panel to remove. I couldn't get the door switch plug to disconnect
so I carefully rotated it an set it on top of the dryer.
10. Remove upper case bracket with 2 screws in front and 2 screws inside at top.
11. slide up a bit to unlock from sides. Watch routing of dryer switch wire bundle.
12. Remove lint trap duct with 2 machine screws. Carefully slide down to remove.
13. Remove front drum support with 4 screws attached to sides. Lift up to disengage
sides. Lift drum to free from rollers.
14. Observe how drive belt is routed around motor and tension roller. Push tension
roller up and release belt. Carefully take belt off and remove.
15. Almost done. Lift drum up at rear to free from rear rollers. Remove.
16. While your're there vacuume up dust and reverse procedure to install.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Thanks for the writeup! Did you notice the new drum was a bit harder to turn than the old one? By hand it was pretty tough, but seems to run okay.
Posted on Apr 13, 2014
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 15, 2018 | Dryers
Oct 11, 2012 | LG DLE2514 Electric Dryer
May 23, 2011 | Yamaha TX 750 Motorcycles
Apr 17, 2011 | LG DLE2514 Electric Dryer
Mar 01, 2011 | LG DLE2514 Electric Dryer
May 09, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 12, 2010 | LG DLE2514 Electric Dryer
Jun 07, 2009 | LG DLE2514 Electric Dryer
Jan 04, 2009 | LG DLE2514 Electric Dryer
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: