Question about Lexmark X3470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Just got a X3470 to replace a broken HP injet - its used by several people on a home network but I cant get the printer working other than directly, prnt server is a Dlink DP-30u. Any suggestions?
MOST OF THE TIME AND I MEAN 90% OF THE TIME IT IS THE CABLING AND CONNECTOR ARE THE PROBLEM AND THAT IS EASY TO FIX.
SOFTWARE ISSUES ARE EVEN HARDER TO SOLVE BUT BEFORE I SEND YOU DOWN THAT WAY HERE ARE SOME OPTIONS TO INVESTAGATE BEFORE MAKING ANY TYPE OF SOFTWARE CODE CHAGING. TRY THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS FIRST...............:
1 CHECK EACH COMPUTER BY GOING INTO CONTROL PANEL OPEN FOLDER CALLED NETWORKING AND SHARING CENTER.
2. NIC CARD INSTALLED IN THE COMPUTER AND GO TO DEVICE MANAGER AND TEST THE CARD, UPDATE THE DRIVERS AND MAKE SURE EVERY THING IS WORKING PROPERLY.
3. IF THE NIC CARDS ARE CONSIDERED A PLUG AND PLAY DEVICE YOU CAN GO TO
SYNC CENTER AND IT WILL CHECK EVERYTHING AND TEST THE EQUIPMENT FOR YOU, LIKW WIZERD WOULD DO.
4. GO TO SECURITY CENTER AND MAKE SURE THERE IS NO CONFLICKS WITH ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAMS *****************
ON ALL THE COMPUTERS YOU ARE HAVING NIC ISSUES ONLY************************
5. CONTROL PANEL OPEN UP WINDOWS DEFENDER CHECK FOR ANY TYPE OF MARKS THAT SHOULD NOT BE THERE, YOU ONLY WANT xxxxxxxxxxxxxGREEN -MARKS******* IN THESE IMPORTANT AREAS
6. GO INTO CONTROL PANEL AND OPEN FIREWALL, THE FIREWALL ONLY GREEN IN THIS AREA TOO.
NO YELLOW, ORANGE, RED MARKS.
IF YOU FIND ANY ERRORS CLICK ON THE ERROR AND GO ON LINE IF YOU CAN TO RESOLVE THE ISSUES BECAUSE THEY ARE GOING TO USE EVERY VENDER OUT THERE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUES WITH YOUR SYSTEMS.
7. FIND A KNOWN NIC CARD THAT WORKS AND CHECK EACH COMPUTER AND GET IT TO WORK THAN SET THE CARD UP TO THE SETTING OF THE CARD AS THE SAME AS THE TEST CARD IS SET TO. *********** I KNOW EACH NIC CARD HAS TO HAVE ITS OWN CODE IN ORDER TO WORK PROPERLY,..USE THE HIGH NUMBERS SO YOU WILL NOT HAVE ALOT OF ISSUES AND EERORS WITH YOUR NETWORK.
8. LAST THING CALL IN A NETWORK SPECAILIST OR ADMINSTATOR OF THE NETWORK.
I HOPE I HELPED YOU
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2012 | HP Psc 1350 All In One Printer Scanner...
Jun 24, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 4255 All-In-One InkJet...
May 10, 2010 | HP LaserJet P2015dn Printer
May 08, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 11, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer ...
May 28, 2009 | HP PSC 1410v All-in-One Printer
Oct 26, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1018 Printer
Oct 24, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 30, 2007 | HP PSC 1410v All-in-One Printer
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!