Question about Danby DMW1146SS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Second heat limiting fuse is blown. require the temp.specs to replace it. only indication on burnt out unit is 105 LC.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 27 Answers

TAKE THE MANUFACTURER AND MODEL NUMBER FROM THE UNIT.THEN TAKE THAT INFORMATION AND THE FUSE TO YOUR LOCAL APPLIANCE PARTS STORE.THEY CAN
MATCH IT UP FOR YOU.YOU CAN ALSO USE THE INTERNET TO DO IT YOURSELF.JUST TYPE IN THE NAME AND MODEL # OF THE UNIT.

Posted on Mar 07, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to troubleshoot a Magichef md# MCD1611ST microwave that is not heating anything at all.


Most Frequent Causes for Microwave not working Thermal Fuse

The thermal fuse cuts off power to the microwave if the microwave overheats. To determine if the thermal fuse has blown, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the fuse does not have continuity, replace it. The thermal fuse cannot be reset-if the fuse is blown, it must be replaced. (Caution: The microwave oven can store thousands of volts of electricity in its high voltage capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. Due to the potential for electric shock, it is extremely dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. Only a licensed technician should replace the thermal fuse The thermal fuse cuts off power to the microwave if the microwave overheats. To determine if the thermal fuse has blown, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the fuse does not have continuity, replace it. The thermal fuse cannot be reset-if the fuse is blown, it must be replaced. (Caution: The microwave oven can store thousands of volts of electricity in its high voltage capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. Due to the potential for electric shock, it is extremely dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. Only a licensed technician should replace the thermal fuse

Sep 28, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a PLMV178HC Frigidaire microwave oven. The oven has stopped heating things up completely, but it still turns on and the tray still turns when I try to heat things up. What could be wrong and ca


Most microwaves have an internal fuse; it might be blown. To access it, you'd have to take the oven apart (usually just a few screws), BUT capacitors inside could store hundreds of volts, even after the unit has been unplugged for a while, so do not attempt to replace it unless you are familiar with HV circuits.
Other possibilities are a burnt-out magnetron or tranformer; it would be cheaper to buy a new oven than to replace those components.

Oct 19, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave oven not heating


This a good indicator the magnetron is gone, sometimes leaves odour that is destinctive.

Jun 19, 2012 | GE Profile PVM1790DRCC Microwave

1 Answer

I was heating my tea and I heard a loud pop and the unit turned off...I thought I had blown a fuse and went out and checked fuse box..flipped all fuses and microwave still not turning on at all...micorwave...


The description you provide indicates the magnetron has failed, "heats food" and blown the main fuse in the microwave oven, since the unit is 10 years old it is much cheaper to replace with a new one rather than have it repaired.

May 15, 2011 | Amana Radarange Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Unit indicates voltage but oven produces no heat


Might have to look for the series fuse to the magnetron, if blown and on replaccement if this blows again the magnetron is faulty and needs a replacement.
If this seems OK , the high voltage capacitor can be weak or open or short. replace and the microwave will work.
Finally check the door switch the temperatrue cut off unit , the main relay and the control board.

Sep 17, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a Samsung microwave model SMH7177STE/BE. Will only heat a few minutes before and shut off, now there is no heat. I am a licensed elect. but no experience with microwaves and having difficulty...


Its tripping a high limit most likely. Be careful there is 2100 to 4000 volt high side with a capacitor if its not an inverter. The standard components consist of noise board, fuse, touch panel and power controller, high limits, door switches, whipper motor, fan, transformer, capacitor, transformer, magnetron, diode, plate rotator.
Discharge cap (for safety and further testing).. Test fuse; if fuse tests blown test door switches first. Test limits. Check amp draw with slow blow fuse; open door to stop unit and again discharge capacitor. Test resistance to ground on whipper, fan, magnetron, light. Test resistance lead to lead (measurable on motors/coils/magnetron). Test capacitor in ferrads, compare to spec on print. Check diode forward and reverse. Test output voltage from power control board to transformer. Test transformer coils.
Best of luck and play safe; dont test voltage output from the transformer, voltage at capacitor or magnetron.

Aug 03, 2010 | Samsung Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The unit made a big pop sound and now it won't heat up


This could be 3 things depending on the model.

1. Internal fuse has blown
2. Capacitor within the microwave has blown
3. Magnatron coil has gone open circuit.

If it was a *really* big pop, then it's most likely to be the capacitor.

Do not open the machine unless you feel confident enough to discharge the main capacitor and ground it to the chassis before performing any work as it will hold a charge for a considerable time even after the device is turned off at the mains.

If the internal fuse has blown, then this can be replaced however it may indicate another problem with the HT power supply side of the circuit.

Mar 24, 2010 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave doesn't heat.


HI. in most cases, this will lead to a failed Heating device(magnetron tube).It would be wise to check the Magnetron cutoff fuse to be sure of its integrity. if the fuse is blown, simply replace it. if the fuse continues to show continuity, replace the magnetron.

(((The fuse is located inside the unit along side the magnetron)))

Sep 18, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Danby 1000 Watt Microwave is completely dead. Just stopped working right after heating up a dinner.


you may have just blown a fuse inside the microwave or the transformer inside has now failed and will need replacing but it will need to be looked at to see what exactly happened

electech

Nov 27, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave arced, wont heat now


I'm assuming that it doesn't microwave either. If it does...then the heater is bad. Sears parts sells them. Second guess is a blown fuse or thermosensor. Inside the pad housing, locate the internal fuse and replace it if blown. The thermosensor is a black plastic bit about the diameter of a dime and 3/8 inch thick and clamped to the side of the unit inside the control area. Test it for continuity and replace if open. If not either of these, then you have power supply issues or control panel problems. My bet: the heater blew out. Often, this is caused when you heat greasy foods.

Dec 16, 2007 | Kenmore 69642 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Danby DMW1146SS Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

213 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Danby Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

gbob59

Level 3 Expert

2963 Answers

J.D. Browning
J.D. Browning

Level 3 Expert

2621 Answers

Are you a Danby Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...